Lt.-Col. John Francis Hubbard, OBE
|Birthplace:||Buckingham Rural District, Buckinghamshire, England, United Kingdom|
|Death:||Died in Blyth Rural District, Suffolk, England, United Kingdom|
|Managed by:||Michael Lawrence Rhodes|
Historical records matching Lt.-Col. John Francis Hubbard, OBE
About Lt.-Col. John Francis Hubbard, OBE
John Francis Hubbard
- Born on 5 June 1880.2
- Son of Hon. Cecil John Hubbard and Helen Jane Ritchie.
- Married, firstly, Gertrude Kathleen Frances Wilson, daughter of Major Cyril Wilson, on 16 January 1914. He and Gertrude Kathleen Frances Wilson were divorced in 1925.2
- Married, secondly, Barbara Taylor, daughter of Captain James Spottiswoode Taylor, on 28 May 1925. He and Barbara Taylor were divorced in 1929.
- Married, thirdly, Betty Riversdale West, daughter of Horace Charles George West and Caroline Alice Jane Leighton, on 2 January 1930.
- Died on 3 June 1953 at age 72.
- He was in the Egyptian Civil Service.
- Fought in the Boer War between 1900 and 1902.
- Gained the rank of Temporary Lieutenant-Colonel.
- Fought in the First World War, where he was mentioned in despatches
- Held the office of Military Governor of Palestine.
- Invested as a Officer, Order of the British Empire (O.B.E.) in 1919.
Child of John Francis Hubbard and Barbara Taylor
Nicolette Hubbard b. 5 May 1926
Children of John Francis Hubbard and Betty Riversdale West
- James Hubbard, 5th Baron Addington b. 3 Nov 1930, d. 26 Jun 1982
- Peter Hubbard b. 6 Oct 1932
From the London Gazette:
22 Jan 1904: In 5th Battalion, the Lancashire Fusiliers, John Francis Hubbard, esq, late Second Lieutenants Grenadier Guards, to be Captain. Dated 23rd January 1904
18 Jun 1907: to be 2nd Lieut.
3 May 1918: Temp Capt J F Hubbard, Gen list (temp Lt, Gen Gds) to be temp Lt-Col whilst empld as an Instr at a School 1st Feb 1918.
1 Jan 1919, p. 53 ... John Francis Hubbard, T/Lt Col G Gds.
8 Apr 1921: Gren Gds:-- Temp Lt J F Hubbard OBE, relinquishes his commn, on completion of service, 15th Apr 1920, and is granted the rank of Lt-Col.
Awarded OBE between 1917 and 1921.
4 June 1935: Lt-Col J F Hubbard OBE having attained the age limit of liability to recall, ceases to belong to the Res. of Off. 8th June 1935.