Historical records matching Lt-Col Charles Robert Tolver Michael Gerard, DSO, OBE
About Lt-Col Charles Robert Tolver Michael Gerard, DSO, OBE
Colonel Charles Robert Tolver Michael Gerard
- Born on 28 February 1894.
- Son of Hon. Robert Joseph Gerard-Dicconson and Eleanor Sarah Bankes.
- Married, firstly, Aimée Gwendolyn Clarke, daughter of Sir Rupert Turner Havelock Clarke, 2nd Bt. and Aimée Mary Cumming, on 19 October 1915. He and Aimée Gwendolyn Clarke were divorced in 1930.
- Married, secondly, Norma Rogers, daughter of Amos Frankford Rogers, on 25 September 1930.
- Died on 14 January 1971 at age 76.
He was educated at Eton College, Windsor, Berkshire, England.
He fought in the First World War, where he was wounded.
He was decorated with the award of the Companion, Distinguished Service Order (D.S.O.) in 1918.
He gained the rank of Brevet-Colonel in the service of the 5th Battalion, Manchester Regiment.
He held the office of Justice of the Peace (J.P.) for Lancashire in 1924.
He was Deputy Provost Marshal for London during the Second World War.
He gained the rank of Colonel in the service of the Grenadier Guards.
He was invested as a Officer, Order of the British Empire (O.B.E.) in 1944
Births Mar 1894
- Gerard Charles Robert T M St. Geo. H. Sq. 1a 427
References and Sources
Lt-Col Charles Robert Tolver Michael Gerard, DSO, OBE's Timeline
February 28, 1894
London, Middlesex, England UK
October 6, 1916
December 16, 1921
January 14, 1971