Major Sir Henry John Delves Broughton, 11th Bt. "Jock"
|Also Known As:||"Jock"|
|Death:||Died in Liverpool|
|Cause of death:||Suicide; morphine overdose|
Son of Sir Delves Louis Broughton, 10th Baronet and Rosamond Broughton
|Managed by:||Jennifer Ann Goldhill|
Historical records matching Major Sir Henry John Delves Broughton, 11th Bt. "Jock"
About Major Sir Henry John Delves Broughton, 11th Bt. "Jock"
Major Sir Henry John Delves Broughton, 11th Bt.
- Born on 10 September 1883.
- Son of Sir Delves Louis Broughton, 10th Bt. and Rosamond Broughton.
- Married, firstly, Vera Edyth Griffith-Boscawen, daughter of Boscawen Trevor Griffith-Boscawen and Agnes Lillian Bellers, on 8 July 1913. He and Vera Edyth Griffith-Boscawen were divorced in 1940.
- Married, secondly, Diana Caldwell, daughter of Seymore Caldwell, on 5 November 1940.
- Died on 5 December 1942 at age 59, by committing suicide.
- Major Sir Henry John Delves Broughton, 11th Bt. usually went by his middle name of Delves.
- Went by the nick-name of Jock.
- Major in the service of the Irish Guards.
- Fought in the First World War.
- Succeeded to the title of 11th Baronet Broughton, of Broughton, co. Stafford [E., 1661] on 15 April 1914.
- Deputy Lieutenant (D.L.) of Cheshire.
- Tried and acquitted of the murder of the 22nd Earl of Erroll.
Children of Major Sir Henry John Delves Broughton, 11th Bt. and Vera Edyth Griffith-Boscawen
- Major Sir Evelyn Delves Broughton, 12th Bt. b. 2 Oct 1915, d. 5 Jan 1993
- Rosamond Broughton b. 20 May 1917, d. 3 Mar 2012
Medal Index Cards
- First name(s) Henry Jonathan D
- Last name Broughton
- Year 1914-20
- Service number -
- Rank Major,Major
- Second rank Major
- Regiment General List, Irish Guards
- Second corps Irish Guards
- Service record Rank: Major, Corps: General List
- Second service record Rank: Major, Corps: Irish Guards
- Image link http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/SearchUI/Details?uri=D1516028
- Country Great Britain
- Medal type British Army Medal Index Cards, 1914-1920
- Archive reference WO372/3
Major Sir Henry John Delves Broughton, 11th Bt. "Jock"'s Timeline
September 10, 1883
October 2, 1915
May 20, 1917
December 5, 1942