Matching family tree profiles for Margaret Astley
About Margaret Astley
- Margaret Butler [1,2,3]
- 'F, #80477,
- b. circa 1428
- Father Sir Thomas Butler[1,2]
- Thomas Butler, of Warrington, Knight UNPROVEN see discussion
- Mother Elizabeth[1,2]
- Margaret Butler was born circa 1428 at of Warrington, Lancashire, England.
- She married Thomas Astley, Esq., Sheriff of Staffordshire,
- son of Thomas Astley, Esq. and Joane Gresley, circa 1450;
- They had 2 sons, William and Richard, Esq.[1,2]
- Family Thomas Astley, Esq., Sheriff of Staffordshire b. c 1415, d. 1483
- Richard Astley, Esq., Sheriff of Staffordshire+[1,2] b. c 1460, d. c 12 Nov 1531
- 1.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 46.
- 2.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 56.
- 3. [S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. I, p. 174.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p2678.htm#i80477
- In the Astley pedigree she is referred to as the daughter of Sir William Boteler of Warrington (d. 26 09 1415). But dates do not seem to fit; and the biographer of Sir William has been able to establish only two children.
9. Thomas Astley, Esq., of Hailstone, Leicestershire, Pleesley, Derbyshire, etc., Sheriff of Staffordshire, 1451-2, son and heir. He married Margaret Bottler, daughter of Thomas Bottler, Knt., by his wife, Elizabeth. They had two sons, William and Richard, Esq. In 1452 he was co-heir to his distant Shareshill cousin, Joan (Peshele) Lee, of Knightley (in Gnosall), Staffordshire, by which he inherited the manors of Patshull, Staffordshire, and Bolinghale, Shropshire. in 1457 he was sued by his cousin, Robert harcourt, Knt., in a plea of trespass. He presented to the church of Pleasely, Derbyshire in 1382. Thomas Astley, Esq., died in 1483, and was buried at Wolverhampton, Staffordshire.
Margaret Astley's Timeline
Warrington, Lancashire , England
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
London, Greater London, England, United Kingdom
Hillmorton, Warwickshire, England
Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
Probably Pattishall, Staffordshire, England