|Birthplace:||Dunfermline, Fifeshire, Scotland|
|Death:||Died in Balmuto, Fifeshire, Scotland|
Daughter of Robert I the Bruce, King of Scots; Robert Bruce; Elizabeth de Burgh, Queen of Scots and Elizabeth De Burgh
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Margaret Bruce
About Margaret Bruce
Robert's only child by his first marriage was
- Marjorie Bruce, married Walter Stewart, 6th High Steward of Scotland (1293–1326).
By his second wife Elizabeth he had four children:
- David II,
- John (died in childhood),
- Matilda (who married Thomas Isaac and died at Aberdeen 20 July 1353), and
- Margaret (who married William de Moravia, 5th Earl of Sutherland in 1345).
In addition to his legitimate offspring, Robert Bruce had several illegitimate children by unknown mothers.
- Sir Robert (died 12 August 1332 at the Battle of Dupplin Moor);
- Walter, of Odistoun on the Clyde, who predeceased his father; and
- Niall, of Carrick, (died 17 October 1346 at the Battle of Neville's Cross).
- Elizabeth (married Walter Oliphant of Gask);
- Margaret (married Robert Glen), alive as of 29 February 1364; and
- Christian of Carrick, who died after 1329, when she was in receipt of a pension
Walter G. Ashworth 19th GGS