Margery Hext (Radcliffe)
|Death:||Died in Braunton, Devon, England|
|Place of Burial:||Brauton, Devonshire, England|
Daughter of Thomas John Hext, III and Wilmot Poyntz
|Managed by:||Jonathan William Shea|
Matching family tree profiles for Margery Hext
About Margery Hext
- Ancestral roots of certain American colonists who came to America before ... By Frederick Lewis Weis, Walter Lee Sheppard, William
- 37. THOMAS HEXT, yngr. s., b. say 1475-80, of Pickwell in psh. of Georgeham at death, escheater of Devon 1525, bur. 1 Dec. 1555, Georgeham, co. Devon; m. say 1510 as 2nd husb., Wilmot Poyntz, b. by 1487, d. 15 Apr. 1558, dau. & coh. of William Poyntz, liv. 1486, deat 1515, son of HUMPHREY POYNTZ (234A-36), d. 1467, of Iron Acton, Gloucester & Womberlegh, East Ansty & Langley, co. Devon, escheator of Devon 1460, by Elizabeth Pollard, dau. & h. of Richard Pollard. (Vivian, Visit. of Devon, p. 184; Cal. Fine Rolls, Henry VII, XXII:69, 84; Abstract of Inq.p.m. for Wilmot (Poyntz) Hyllinge Hext (Year: 1560 and 1561/2) on file Devon Record Office, Exeter, Devon; Psh. Recs. of Georgeham, co. Devon; Chancery Proceedings, C3/91/77, Edward Hext, Pl. vs. Hugh Hext, Def. reg. lands held by Thomas and Wilmot Hext; Early Chancery Procs. III (Lists & Indexes XX, Pub. Rec. Off., London), p. 256, suit involving Wilmot Poyntz inheritance; F.T. Colby, ed., Visit. of Somerset (1623), (Harl. Soc. Publ. XI) 49-50; List of Escheators for England and Wales (List and Index Society), 72; 36, 38; Cal. Patent Rolls, Elizabeth I, III: 302).
- 38. MARGERY HEXT, b say 1510, bur. 22 Aug. 1551, Braunton, co. Devon; m. say 1532, John Collamore, b. say 1500, bur. 17 Apr. 1555, of Luscott, psh. of Braunton, co. Devon, son of Peter Collamore and Isabel Cushe. (Vivian, Visit. of Devon, pp. 216-217 re: Collamore, p. 484 for Hext (Vivian errors in Hext pedigree placing Margery Hext in wrong generation); Harlein MS 1163, fol. 190 identifies John Collamore's wife as dau.of ... Hext of Pickwell in the parish of Georgeham, Devon; Parish Records of Braunton, Devon).
- Pg. 229
- 39. HENRY COLLAMORE, 2nd s., event. h., chr. 12 Jan. 1541/2, Braunton, co. Devon, bur. 15 June 1625, Bishop's Tawton, co. Devon; m. by 1563, Margaret Blight, b. say 1545, bur. 27 Nov. 1626, Bishop's Tawton, co. Devon. (Parish Records of Braunton, Devon and Bishop's Tawton, Devon; Vivian, Visit. of Devon, pp. 216-217).
- Margery Hext1,2
- F, #73556, b. circa 1511
- Father Thomas Hext, Esq., Escheater of Devon1,3 b. bt 1475 - 1480
- Mother Wilmot Poyntz1,3 b. b 1487, d. 15 Apr 1558
- Margery Hext was born circa 1511 at of Pickwell, Georgeham, Devonshire, England. She married John Collamore, son of Peter Collamore and Isabel Cushe, circa 1532 at of Braunton, Devonshire, England; They had 7 sons (John, Peter, Richard, Henry, William, Hugh, & Robert) and 4 daughters (Wilmot, wife of Philip Sweet; Petronell, wife of William Perrin; Margaret, wife of William Roger; & Alice, wife of Richard Symons).1,2 Margery Hext was buried on 22 August 1551 at Braunton, Devonshire, England.1,2
- Family John Collamore b. c 1510
- Wilmot Collamore+ b. c 1533
- Henry Collamore+1,2 b. 12 Jan 1542
- 1.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 364.
- 2.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. III, p. 232-233.
- 3.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. III, p. 232.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p2448.htm#i73556
- Wilmot POYNTZ
- Born: ABT 1486, Langley, Devonshire, England
- Died: 15 Apr 1558, Pickwell, Georgeham, Devonshire, England
- Notes: Following William Poyntz' death, his two daughters, including Wilmot, sued their uncle, Nicholas Poyntz, in Chancery for possession Poyntz family property. An abstract of the Chancery suit is included in the published Poyntz Genealogy. The inquisition taken at her death shows that she was in possession of property which she inherited as co-heiress to her grandfather, Humphrey Poyntz.
- Father: William POYNTZ
- Mother: ¿?
- Married: Thomas HEXT of Pickwell (Esq.) (b. ABT 1474 - d. 1555) (son of John Hext and Joan Fortescue)
- '1. Margery HEXT (b. 1510 - d. 22 Aug 1551) (m. John Collamore)
- 2. John HEXT (d. BEF 1569)
- 3. Catherine HEXT (b. 1516 - d. 1563) (m. John Cutliffe)
- 4. George HEXT (b. 1520 - d. 1548) (m. Mary Parker)
- 5. Hugh HEXT (b. 1524 - d. 1569) (m. Joan Berry)
- 6. Agnes HEXT
- 7. William HEXT
- 8. Isabel HEXT
- 9. Jane HEXT
- 10. Henry HEXT
- 11. Thomas HEXT
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/POYNTZ.htm#Wilmot POYNTZ1
Margery was daughter of Thomas Hext, a younger son, born about 1475 to 1480, buried 1 December 1555, Georgeham, Devonshire, residing at Pickwell in the parish of Georgeham at his death. He was Escheator of Devonshire 1525. He married about 1510 Wilmot Poyntz, the widow Hyllinge, born by 1487, died 15 April 1558. She was a daughter of Humphrey Poyntz, died 1487, of Iron Acton, Gloucestershire and Womberlegh and Langley, Devonshire, by his wife Elizabeth Pollard, daughter and sole heir of Richard Pollard. Humphrey was Escheator of Devonshire 1460. The Poyntz family can be traced directly back to Sir Hugh Poyntz, died 1220, whose wife Hawise was a daughter of William Malet, a Magna Charta baron. The Poyntz family arms were Barry of eight ore and gules.
Margery Hext, born about 1510, buried 22 August 1551, Brauton, Devonshire; married about 1532 John Collamore, born about 1500, buried 17 April 1555, being of Luscott, in the parish of Braunton, Devonshire, son of Peter Collamore and Isabel Cushe. Mary Hext born about 1540 Kingston. Margery was daughter of Thomas Hext, a younger son, born about 1475 to 1480, buried 1 December 1555, Georgeham, Devonshire, residing at Pickwell in the parish of Georgeham at his death. He was Escheator of Devonshire 1525. He married about 1510 Wilmot Poyntz, the widow Hyllinge, born by 1487, died 15 April 1558. She was a daughter of Humphrey Poyntz, died 1487, of Iron Acton, Gloucestershire and Womberlegh and Langley, Devonshire, by his wife Elizabeth Pollard, daughter and sole heir of Richard Pollard. Humphrey was Escheator of Devonshire 1460. The Poyntz family can be raced directly back to Sir Hugh Poyntz, died 1220
Margery Hext's Timeline
Stotfold, Central Bedfordshire
Braunton, Devon, , England
January 11, 1541
Braunton, Devonshire, England
co, Devon, , England
Devonshire, England, UK