About Marion Bruce
MARION BRUCE (aka MARJORIE BRUCE)
Evidence from the National Records of Scotland
[23 March 1529]: Dispensation in form of apostolic letters by Antonius, cardinal of the Four Crowned Saints, in favour of Robert Bruce of Artht and Marion [or Marjorie] Bruce, for their marriage, in spite of fact that they are related in third and fourth degrees of affinity, by her relationship to Margaret Schaw who has known said Robert carnally. National Records of Scotland, Papers of the Bruce family of Airth, reference GD37/358
- Marion Bruce1,2
- F, #47086, d. July 1575
- Father Sir David Bruce, Baron O'Lack Manor d. a 1505
- Mother Janet Blackadder1
- Marion Bruce married John Menteith circa 1500.1 Marion Bruce married Robert Bruce, son of Sir Robert Bruce and Mariota Forrester, before 1 July 1547.1 Marion Bruce married Magnus Sinclair, son of William Sinclair, 4th Lord Sinclair and Agnes Bruce, before 6 December 1561.1,3 Marion Bruce died in July 1575.1
- Family 1 John Menteith d. b 1506
- Family 2 Robert Bruce d. b 6 Dec 1561
- Family 3 Magnus Sinclair d. 16 Jul 1586
- 1.[S11565] The Scots Peerage, Vol. III, edited by Sir James Balfour Paul, p. 473.
- 2.[S11577] Unknown author, Burke's Commoners, Vol. II, p., 370.
- 3.[S11586] The Scots Peerage, Vol. VII, edited by Sir James Balfour Paul, p. 573.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p1566.htm#i47086
- Marion Bruce1
- F, #185120
- Last Edited=19 Mar 2008
- Marion Bruce is the daughter of Sir David Bruce of Clackmannan and Janet Blackadder.1,2 She married, firstly, Robert Bruce of Airth, son of Sir Robert Bruce of Airth and Eupheme Montgomerie.1 She married, secondly, Marcus Sinclair of Carberry.2
- She was also known as Mariot.2 Her married name became Bruce.1 Her married name became Sinclair.2
- 1.[S37] Volume 1, page 547. See link for full details for this source. Hereinafter cited as. [S37]
- 2.[S37] See. [S37]
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p18512.htm#i185120
- Families covered: Bruce of Airth, Bruce of Kinnaird, Bruce of Stenhouse
- Most of the upper section of this page was previously within the old version of Bruce02. It was redone in June 2007 as part of a review of various Bruce families. See here for more details.
- Sir Edward Bruce of Airth
- m. (by 1417) Agnes Airth (dau of Sir William Airth of Airth)
- 1. Sir Robert Bruce of Airth (d 01.1450)
- m. Janet Livingston (dau of Sir Alexander Livingston of Callendar)
- A. Sir Alexander Bruce of Airth and Stenhouse (d 1488)
- m. Margaret or Janet Forrester (dau of Sir Malcolm Forrester, 3rd of Torwood)
- i. John Bruce of Stenhouse (dvp by 1483)
- m. (1471) Elizabeth Menteith (dau of William Menteith of Kerse)
- a. Sir Robert Bruce of Airth and Stenhouse (d 10.1513)
- m. Euphemia Montgomery (dau of Alexander Montgomery, 2nd Lord)
- (1) Robert Bruce of Airth (d by 14.11.1561)
- m1. (by 09.09.1523) Janet Forrester (dau of Sir Walter Forrester of Carden)
- (A) Sir Alexander Bruce of Airth (d 16.03.1600)
- m. Janet Livingston (d 04.10.1599, dau of Alexander Livingston, 5th Lord)
- (i) William Bruce (dvp 1597)
- m. (1582) Jane Fleming (d 10.1630, dau of John Fleming, 5th Lord)
- .... etc.
m2. Marion Bruce (d 05.1575, dau of David Bruce, 7th of Clackmannan)
- ***** .... etc.
- Main source(s): BP1934 (Bruce of Stenhouse), RedBookScot (Perthshire, Bruce of Airth + Bruce of Kinnaird (1st Family))
- From: Stirnet.com