Matching family tree profiles for Marion Guthrie
About Marion Guthrie
Marion Guthrie is the daughter of Alexander Guthrie and his wife Janet Henderson. She married first,Master David Borthwick of Lochill. She married second, Master John Lindsay, Senator of the College of Justice, afterwards John, Lord Menmuir. Darryl Lundy's Peerage
Evidence from the National Records of Scotland
26 February 1591: Contract between Mr John Lindsay, parson of Menmwir, SCJ and Mr James Borthuik of Lochill, for himself and taking burden for Helen Traill, his spouse, with consent of David Wemes of that ilk and Alexander Dalmahoy of that ilk, his interdictors, and John Traill of Blebo, as cautioner, whereby the said Mr James dispones to the said Mr John his lands of Barnis, reserving liferent of Marion Guthrie, relict of Mr David Borthuik, now spouse of the said Mr John, and wadsets and tacks to Mr John Arthour and Helen Home, his spouse, the said John Traill granting his lands of Blebo (sheriffdom of Fife) in real warrandice of the above. National Records of Scotland, Papers of the Brooke Family of Biel, reference GD6/194
Marion Guthrie 
- F, #20492
- Last Edited=9 Apr 2008
Marion Guthrie married, firstly, David Borthwick before 1581.
She married, secondly, John Lindsay of Balcarres, Lord Menmuir, son of David Lindsay, 9th Earl of Crawford and Katherine Campbell, on 29 November 1581.
She was the daughter of Alexander Guthrie and Janet Henryson.
- From before 1581, her married name became Borthwick.
- Her married name became Lindsay.
Children of Marion Guthrie and John Lindsay of Balcarres, Lord Menmuir
- 1. Catherine Lindsay+
- 2. John Lindsay  d. Jan 1600/1
- 3. Sir David Lindsay, 1st Lord Lindsay of Balcarres+ b. 17 Mar 1587, d. Mar 1641/42
- 1. [S6] G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume I, page 376. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
- 2. [S6] Cokayne, and others, The Complete Peerage, volume I, page 375
Marion Guthrie's Timeline
December 14, 1582
November 3, 1583
Balcarres House, Fife, Scotland
Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland
March 17, 1587