Margerie Somes (Johnson)
|Also Known As:||"Marjorie Soames"|
|Birthplace:||Cranfield, Bedfordshire, England|
|Death:||Died in Gloucester, Essex, Massachusetts|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Margerie Somes
About Margerie Somes
Margerie JOHNSON b: ABT. 1615 in Cranfield, Bedford, England, her parents unknown. Died on 22 NOV 1646 in Gloucester ,Essex, MA.
- 4 JAN 1634/35 in Cranfield, Bedford, England to Morris Soames ; 1st m. for Morris, he her widower. He was the son of Thomas Somes and Agnes. He married Elizabeth Kendall 2nd and died 18 January 1689.
- Mary SOMES b: 1 MAR 1641/42
- Sarah SOMES b: 15 JUN 1643 in Gloucester, Essex, MA.
- Timothy SOMES b: 27 JUL 1645 in Gloucester, Essex, MA.
- 'History and genealogies of the Hammond families in America : with an account of the early history of the family in Normandy and Great Britain. 1000-1902 (1902)
- (I) John Hammond, whose birth and former place of residence are unknown, first appears on Gloucester records in 1600. He m. Oct. 17. 1660, Mary Somes, b. March 1, 1642, dau. of 'Morris and Margarie ( ___ ) Somes'.
- ' "Morris Somes, d. Jan. 13, 1689, aged 75; by his first wife, Margarie. who d. Jan. 22. 1646, he had
- 1. Mary. (Somes) b. March 1, 1642 ; m. Oct. 17, 1660. John Hammond." (Babson's History of Gloucester, Part I, p. 72.)
- 'A Genealogical Dictionary of The First Settlers of New England, Before 1692 Volume #4 Winthrop - Wodell By James Savage
- SOMES, JOHN, Boston, s. of Morris of Gloucester, m. Hannah, eldest d. of Samuel Shattuck of Salem, the happy messeng. of Charles II. who brot. the order to stop the execrable policy of persecut. the Quakers; made his will 13 Nov. 1687, pro. in 1700, when of sev. ch. only Benjamin was liv. to settle the est. 'MORRIS, Gloucester, by w. Margery had Mary, b. 1 Mar. 1642, and Sarah, 15 June 1643. His w. d. 22 Jan. 1647'; and he m. 26 June foll. Elizabeth d. of John Kendall of Cambridge, had John, 22 Apr. 1648; Lydia, 3 Oct. 1649; and some others, of wh. Hannah, 3 Sept. 1608. He d. 1689. Mary m. 17 Oct. 1660, John Hammond, and Sarah m. 15 June 1665, Henry Witham. TIMOTHY, Gloucester, perhaps s. of the preced. m. 2 Jan. 1672, Jane Stanwood, perhaps d. of Philip, had Timothy, b. 27 July 1673; Jane, 1 Dec. 1674; Alice, 11 Mar. 1677; Joseph, 26 Aug. 1679; and William, 24 Jan. 1682.
- 'New England marriages prior to 1700 By Clarence Almon Torrey, Elizabeth Petty Bentley
- Pg. 692
- SOAMES, John (-1700) & Hannah [SHATTUCK] (1651-); b 1671; Boston
- 'SOMES, Morris (?1610-1689) & 1/ wf Margaret/Margery ? (-1646/7); b. 1642; Gloucester
- SOMES, Morris & 2/wf Elizabeth KENDALL; 26 Jun 1647; Gloucester/?Cambridge
- SOAN, Robert & Elizabeth [HATCH], m/2 John STOCKBRIDGE 1643
- SOMES, Timothy (1648-1706) & Jane STAINWOOD/STANWOOD (-1696); 2 Apr 1673; Gloucester
- SOAMES, Timothy & Elizabeth ROBINSON; 31 Dec 1695; Gloucester
- SOAMES, Timothy & Hannah DESPER/DEEPAR?; 11 Mar 1696/7; Gloucester
- SOAN, William (-1672) & Dorothy ? , m/2 William Tubbs 1672; b. 1668; Scituate
Additional Information for Marjorie JOHNSON
This person's information was combined while in Ancestral File. The following submitters of the information may or may not agree with the combining of the information: EDWARD WILFRED/BUSHWAY/ (2106413) WESLEY GENE/DANA, JR./ (2176140) PATRICIA L/RUDD/ (2178927) ANN V/BROWN/ (2317611) MONTE JAY/MONTIERTH (2394366) ANN/BROWN (2563741)
Citing This Record
"Ancestral File", database, FamilySearch (http://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.2.1/MWML-ZM6 : accessed 2013-01-15), entry for Marjorie JOHNSON.
Submitted By (49)
mjmontierth1870249 ldberchtold2758188 msjackson2786619 krallen2834614 ddieterle3066720 clewis3210685 esebern3301434 prudd3374318 gnerode3584515 pburrell3763769 hepoulson3765511 rtwilcox3803278 gcarlson4012898 mbhart1054866 macarpenter1064139 cestutznegger1090895 mehoughton1280295 lvnebeker1280482 rmkendall1286196 gbasnhaycock1299491 dbburnham1818183 khmckinney1825461 hrlindstorm1834893 jthbj1838620 jfwilson1843204 hjohnson2725790 jwilliams2258807 rdhutchings2264808 jjatwood2283382 mdford2291960 jrbrann2347899 fsgriffin2352592 chmaxwell2369873 jmhadley210544 jswilkins213777 agfjensen247964 ctbullock249985 mdkeyser286871 bparker725315 avbrown750631 cbbroderick780084 vmhoard857268 wgdjr2176140 mhbrinton2210602 dhwells2245466 rfgriffin2025035 evadams2032953 ewbushway2106413 mcrapo2757461
Margerie Somes's Timeline
Cranfield, Bedfordshire, England
March 1, 1642
Gloucester, Esx, MA
June 15, 1643
Gloucester, Essex, Massachusetts, United States
July 27, 1645
Gloucester, Essex County, Massachusetts
November 22, 1646
Gloucester, Essex, Massachusetts