Martha Dudley (French)
|Birthplace:||Guilford, New Haven, Connecticut, USA|
|Death:||Died in Guilford,New Haven,Connecticut,USA|
Daughter of Thomas French and Mary French
|Managed by:||Carole (Erickson) Pomeroy,Vol. C...|
Matching family tree profiles for Martha Dudley
About Martha Dudley
Families of Early Guilford, I:316, I:498
Born in Guilford New Haven, Connecticut, USA on 8 Aug 1654 to Thomas French and Mary Button. Martha married Joseph Dudley. Martha married John Dudley and had 8 children. She passed away on Oct 1690 in Guilford New Haven, Connecticut, USA. Family Members Parents Thomas French 1611-1669 Mary Button 1623-1667 Spouse(s) Children Joseph Dudley 1652-1712 John Dudley 1635-1671 Elizabeth Dudley 1688-1770 John Dudley 1675-1703 Mary Dudley 1678-1740 Naomi Dudley 1676-1770 Nathaniel Dudley 1677-1766 Ebenezer Dudley 1682-1751 Mercy Dudley 1685-1731 Jonathan Dudley 1686-1750
2.8 Martha French, b. 6 Aug 1654 in Guilford, New Haven Co., CT, m. John Dudley on 11 Feb 1673 in Guilford, New Haven Co., CT . Martha and John Dudley inherited 20 acres of land from her father Thomas French just before his death in 1673. Martha d. in 1690 and John Dudley d. also in 1690 . John Dudley had been pressed on board a British man-of-war ship in London. He escaped and came to Boston and then Guilford in 1673.
- Genealogies of Connecticut Families: From the New England ..., Volume 1 By Judith McGhan
- In a Town meeting February 11th 1673. Thomas French desiring that his son in law John Dudley might be accepted as a planter upon Thomas French engaging to give him 20 acres of land. The Town accepted John Dudley to be a planter.
- (DEATH DATE OF about 1665 FOR THOMAS1 FRENCH DOES NOT MAKE SENSE SINCE HE WAS IN A TOWN MEETING IN 1673)
- 1 Thomas1 French, } d. about 1665.
- Mary Button, }
- Deborah Button, }
- 2 Mary2 French, }
- John Everts, Jr., } m. Sept. 14, 1665 ; d. Sept. 2, 1677.
- 3 Hannah2 French.
- 4 Mercy2 French.
- 5 Elizabeth2 French, }
- Eleazer Isbel, } m. Nov. 11, 1668.
- 6 Deliverance2 French, }
- Edward Parks } m. Dec. 21, 1669.
- 7 Sarah2 French, } b. Aug. 25, 1650 ; m. Oct. 24, 1668.
- Nathaniel Parmelee, } d. in Indian War, 1676
- (15) 8 John2 French, b. July 25, 1652.
- 9 Martha2 French, } b. Aug. 6, 1654.
- John Deadley, } m. 1673.
- 10 Thomas2 French, b. June 12, 1656 ; d. Feb. 28, 1659.
- (17) 11 Ebenezer2 French. b. April 3, 1658.
- 12 Rebecca2 French, b. Jan. 10, 1660 ; d. Oct. 10, 1660.
- 13 Samuel2 French, b. Aug. 21, 1667 ; d. young.
- 14 Abigail2 French, b. March 2, 1669.
- 8 John2 French, } son of Thos. ; d. Dec. 28, 1727 ; m. July 31,
- Mary Sheather, } 1678 ; dau. of John Sheather, d. Jan. 22, 1707.
- Abigail Stevens, } wid. of John.
- John French lived in East Guildord.
- 15 John3 French, .... etc.
- John French's list, 1716, £43-4-9.
- 11 Ebenezer2 French, } d. May 3, 1736 ; m. Oct. 8, 1684.
- Susannah Blachley, } d. Jan. 19, 1728.
- 17 Deborah3 French, .... etc.
- Ebenezer French's list, 1716, £100 - 2 - 6.
- 16 Dea. John3 French, Jr., .... etc.
- A history of the plantation of Menunkatuck and of the original town of Guilford, Connecticut : comprising the present towns of Guilford and Madison by Steiner, Bernard Christian
- THOMAS FRENCH was at Charlestown, Mass., about 1638. and removed to Guilford about 1643. He died about 1665. He was one of the poorer planters.
- Edward Parks, from Killingworth, was admitted a planter May 28, 1671. He was a tailor by trade and became one of the first settlers of Cohabit (North Guilford). He probably first settled at Norwich. He married Deliverance, daughter of Thomas French, in 1669 and died in 1691.
- John Deadly, Doudly, or Dudley, came to Guilford in 1673 and was
- admitted planter February 11, 1673-4. He married Martha, daughter of Thomas French, in 1673 and died May 30, 1690. The tradition is that, while quite a boy, he was going over London bridge, when he was met by a pressgang who asked him where he was going. He responded that he was going to see his godfather and godmother. They said they would go with him, but conducted him on board of a British man-of-war, where he was kept until he made his escape, while cruising at Boston some years after. Then he fled, came to Guilford and entered Thomas French's employ.
- New England Marriages Prior to 1700 By Clarence Almon Torrey, Elizabeth Petty Bentley
- DUDLEY, John ( -1690) & [Martha FRENCH] (1654-); ca 1673, b 1678; Guildord, CT
- FRENCH, Martha
- b. 6 AUG 1654 Guilford, New Haven, CT.
- d. 1690
- Father: FRENCH, Thomas
- Mother: BUTTON, Mary
- Marriage: 1673 Guilford, New Haven, CT.
- Spouse: DUDLEY, John
- b. 26 JUN 1635 Cambridge, Middlesex, Mass.
- d. 30 MAY 1690 Guilford, New Haven, CT.
- DUDLEY, John
- DUDLEY, Mary
- DUDLEY, Nathaniel b. 10 FEB 1678/9 Guilford, New Haven, CT.
- DUDLEY, Ebenezer
- DUDLEY, Mercy
- DUDLEY, Jonathan
- DUDLEY, Naomi
- From: http://www.genealogyofnewengland.com/f_249.htm#53
- Name Martha French
- Born Abt 1638
- Family John Dudley, b. 28 Jun 1635, Boston, Ma d. Abt 1690, Guilford, New Haven Ct (Age 54 years)
- Married Abt 1673 Guilford, New Haven Ct
- From: http://www.longislandsurnames.com/getperson.php?personID=I1167&tree=Dudley
Martha Dudley's Timeline
August 6, 1654
Guilford, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
June 11, 1671
June 11, 1671
December 17, 1674
December 17, 1676
May 14, 1678
Guilford, New Haven County, Connecticut Colony
February 10, 1679
Guilford, New Haven County, CT, USA
February 27, 1682
EAST GUILFORD, NEW HAVEN, CONNECTICUT