Matching family tree profiles for Martha Susanna Terrell (Waters)
About Martha Susanna Terrell (Waters)
Land Deed to Son David
1725 March 16 , St. Margaret's Parish, King William County
Family tradition has always passed down the information that William married Susannah Waters. The wife of William was named Susannah, as she was identified in a document granting her power of attorney to her son, Henry, to relinquish her dower, when she and William deeded land on Polecat Swamp, in March 1725, to their son David.
David Terrell was the son of William and Susannah Terrell. He probably grew up in the forks of the Pamunkey River. His father and mother deeded 400 acres of land in St. Margaret's Parish, King William County, to him on March 16, 1725.
David settled on that land in the Polecat Creek area, near what was to become Caroline County and Golansville. It was the same area in which a large group of Quakers settled, and David embraced the faith. He married Agatha Chiles, the daughter of Henry Chiles of St. Paul's Parish, Hanover County.
An extensive study of the Terrell genealogy can be found here: http://www.terrellsociety.com/genealogy/documents/L013_Dicken_withNewIndex_S.pdf
Earlier generations must as usual be taken with large helpings of salt (everyone wants noble or royal ancestors), but the immigrant and subsequent generations are substantiated about as well as one might expect from an area that has had its records periodically destroyed.
If Susannah was born in 1667 she would not be marrying William in 1671, she would be only 4yrs old? Is this marriage date a mistake?
- '3550. William /Sr./ Terrell, born 1656 in New Kent Co VA; died 1743 in Hanover Co VA. He was the son of 7100. Richmond /Sr./ (Immigrant) Terrell and 7101. Elizabeth Waters. He married 3551. Martha Susannah Waters 1671 in Virginia.
- '3551. Martha Susannah Waters, born Nov 11, 1667 in Hanover Co VA; died 1734 in Hanover Co VA. She was the daughter of 7102. John Waters and 7103. Ann Lloyd.
- Children of William Terrell and Martha Waters are:
- i. Robert Terrell
- ii. William /Jr./ Terrell, born Abt. 1685 in New Kent Co VA; died 1755 in Caroline Co VA; married Elizabeth Lewis.
- iii. Mary Terrell, born Abt. 1687 in New Kent Co VA; married Matthew Mills.
- 1775 iv. Betty Ann Terrell, born Abt. 1687 in Pamunkey Neck, New Kent Co VA; died Abt. 1734 in Hanover Co VA; married David (Maj.) /Sr./ Lewis.
- v. Joel Terrell, born 1692 in New Kent Co VA; died 1758 in Hanover Co VA; married Sarah Oxford.
- vi. David Terrell, born 1695 in New Kent Co VA; died 1759 in Hanover Co VA; married Sarah Allen.
- vii. Henry /Sr./ Terrell, born Abt. 1702 in New Kent Co VA; died 1760 in Caroline Co VA; married (1) Sarah Woodson; born Abt. 1720 in Virginia; married (2) Ann Chiles Abt. 1733; born Abt. 1716 in King William Co VA; died Abt. 1745 in Caroline Co VA.
- viii. Timothy Terrell, born Abt. 1705 in New Kent Co VA; died Feb 1763 in Orange Co NC; married Mary Martin Abt. 1741.
- ix. James Terrell, born Abt. 1707 in New Kent Co VA; died Apr 1772 in Caroline Co VA; married Margaret Watkins.
- x. John Terrell, born 1707 in Pamunkey Neck, New Kent Co VA; died 1764 in Franklin Co NC; married Martha Unknown.
- xi. Susannah Terrell, born Abt. 1711; married Thomas Wingfield.
- 7100. Richmond /Sr./ (Immigrant) Terrell, born Oct 17, 1624 in Reading, Berks Co, England; died 1677 in Blisland, New Kent Co VA. He was the son of 14200. Roger Terrell and 14201. Jane Baldwin. He married 7101. Elizabeth Waters.
- 7101. Elizabeth Waters, born Abt. 1630 in England.
- Children of Richmond Terrell and Elizabeth Waters are:
- i. Richmond /Jr./ Terrell, born Bet. 1650 - 1656 in Virginia; married Susannah Waters.
- ' 3550 ii. William /Sr./ Terrell, born 1656 in New Kent Co VA; died 1743 in Hanover Co VA; married Martha Susannah Waters 1671 in Virginia.
- iii. Timothy Terrell, born 1658 in Chcikahominy Creek, York Co VA; died in Orange Co NC; married Elizabeth Foster.
- iv. Robert Terrell, born Abt. 1662 in New Kent Co VA; married Mary Unknown.
- 7102. John Waters He married 7103. Ann Lloyd.
- 7103. Ann Lloyd
- Child of John Waters and Ann Lloyd is:
- ' 3551 i. Martha Susannah Waters, born Nov 11, 1667 in Hanover Co VA; died 1734 in Hanover Co VA; married William /Sr./ Terrell 1671 in Virginia.
- From: http://www.kentuckyhistoricalsociety.org/barackobamaancestry.html
You have arrived at the former website of
THE CONCERNED MEMBERS OF THE KENTUCKY HISTORICAL SOCIETY
The Society formerly sued its own members at the direction of KENT WHITWORTH, the existing executive director of the Society.
We members wished to elect our own directors to the board of the Society instead of being offered only political appointees. Under Mr. Whitworth, the KHS still operates in this manner in open violation of laws governing non-profit organizations, corporate law, and governmental transparency.
We Concerned Members no longer support the Kentucky Historical Society in its unlawful practices and violations of the rights of its members that continues under the direction of Kent Whitworth.
Whether this affects the validity of any information formerly found on the website is unknown. _____________________
kilder: Duane Alden GOODE den 20. august 2008 og Gene Allen BRYAN : Moses Terrell
Martha Susanna Terrell (Waters)'s Timeline
November 11, 1667
New Kent County, Virginia, Colonial America
St Pauls Parish, New Kent, Virginia, United States
New Kent, Virginia
January 1, 1705
St. Paul's Parish, New Kent County, Province of Virginia
New Kent, Virginia
New Kent, Virginia
New Kent, Virginia