Mary Helme (Eldred)
|Birthplace:||Cambridge, Middlesex County, Massachusetts, Colonial America|
|Death:||Died in Portsmouth, Newport County, Province of Rhode Island, Colonial America|
Daughter of Samuel Eldred, I; Samuel Eldred; Elizabeth Eldred and Elizabeth Miller Eldred
|Managed by:||Wayne DeLoria|
Matching family tree profiles for Mary Helme Eldred
About Mary Helme Eldred
1490. Rouse Helme,
- born about 1644 of Kingstown, Washington, Rhode Island, United States;
- died 17 May 1712 in Kingstown, Washington, Rhode Island, United States.
- He married about 1673 in Rhode Island, United States.
1491. Mary Eldred,
- born 15 June 1646 in Cambridge, Middlesex, Massachusetts, United States;
- died 09 May 1712 in Kingstown, Washington, Rhode Island, United States.
- She was the daughter of 2982. Samuel Eldred and 2983. Elizabeth Miller.
Children of Rouse Helme and Mary Eldred are:
- Samuel Helme (1675-1728), married Dorcas (????-1727).
- Elizabeth Helme (1677-1727), married 1695 Stephen Hazard (1665-1727)
- Margaret Helme (1679-1727), married 1699 Ichabod Potter (1677-1755).
- Mercy Helme (1680-????), married 1711 Samuel Watson (1686-1740).
- Rouse Helme (1682-1751), married 1709 Sarah Niles (1685-1749).
- William Helme (1685-????).
MARY3 ELDRED (SAMUEL2, WILLIAM1) was
- born 15 June 1646 in Cambridge, MA, and
- died 09 May 1712 in Kingstowne, Rhode Island.
- She married ROUSE HELME,
- son of CHRISTOPHER HELME and MARGARET.
- He died 17 May 1712 in Kingstowne, Rhode Island.
Children of MARY ELDRED and ROUSE HELME are:
- i. SAMUEL4 HELME.
- ii. ELIZABETH HELME, m. STEPHEN HAZARD.
- iii. MERCY HELME, m. WILLIAM WATSON.
- iv. ROUSE HELME, m. SARAH NILES.
- v. WILLIAM HELME.
- vi. MARGARET HELME, b. Abt. 1679; m. ICHABOD POTTER.
Name Mary Eldred
- Gender Female
- Birth 15 Jun 1646 Cambridge, Middlesex, Massachusetts, United States
- Death 9 May 1712 North Kingstown, Washington, Rhode Island, United States
- Internet source suggests last name for Mary; need further verification.
- The source, Hunt, is a typescript in the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- The second source, Davis, published by the Pettaquamscutt Historical Society, Kingston, RI, is perhaps better. Austin's Genealogical Dictionary of Rhode Island
- does not list the maiden name for Mary Helme, but
- does list a daughter, Mary, of Samuel and Elizabeth Eldred.
- This Mary Eldred was born 16 June 1646.
- 1. ↑ North Kingstown Births and Deaths, in Arnold, James N. Vital Record of Rhode Island, 1636–1850: First series, births, marriages and deaths. A family register for the people. (Narragansett Hist. Publ. Co., 1891), 80, .
- HELME, Mary, wife of Rouse, died, May 9, 1712.
- 2. Geroge C. Davis, in The American Family of John Watson of the Narragansett Country Rhode Island, p 7, 1983.
- 3. E. Virginia Hunt, in Eldred and Allied Families, pp 6-7, 1975.
- 4. ↑ Proof still needed for Mary's surname.
Mary Helme Eldred's Timeline
June 15, 1646
Cambridge, Middlesex County, Massachusetts, Colonial America
N Kingstown, Washington, RI
Kingston, Washington, Rhode Island
Kingstown, Colony of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations
Washington , Rhode Island
Kingston, Washington County, Rhode island
November 16, 1729
Portsmouth, Newport County, Province of Rhode Island, Colonial America
September 23, 1879
November 5, 1880