Historical records matching Mary Conover Wellman
About Mary Conover Wellman
- Name: Miss Mary Conover Lines
- Born: Saturday 27th July 1895
- Age: 16 years
- Marital Status: Single.
- Last Residence: in Paris France
- 1st Class passenger
- First Embarked: Cherbourg on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 17592 , £39 8s
- Cabin No.: D28
- Rescued (boat 9)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Sunday 23rd November 1975
- Cause of Death: Cerebral Haemorrhage
- Buried: Pine Grove Cemetery Topsfield Massachusetts United States
Miss Mary Conover Lines was born July 27, 1895 in Mt. Vernon, New York, the daughter of Dr Ernest H. Lines and Elizabeth Lindsey James. She was educated in Paris and Italy, and lived in Paris.
Mary and her mother, who were returning to America to attend the graduation of Mary's brother, boarded the Titanic at Southampton as first class passengers and occupied cabin D-28.
The two ladies were rescued in lifeboat9.
In 1919 Mary married to Sargent Holbrook Wellman. They settled in Topsfield, Massachusetts and had a daughter and two sons.
Mary Wellman (née Lines) died November 23, 1975, at her home in Topsfield.
- Travelling Companions (on same ticket)
- Mrs Elizabeth Lindsey Lines
- References and Sources
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts Standard Certificate of Death
- Salem Evening News, November 24, 1975, Obituary
- Phillip Gowan USA