Mary Foster (Jordan)
|Also Known As:||"Bailey"|
|Death:||Died in Surry County, Virginia|
Daughter of Arthur Jordan, Sr. and Mary M. E. Jordan
|Managed by:||Jill Chesler|
Matching family tree profiles for Mary Foster
About Mary Foster
May have been named Mary. Married (1) Arthur Bayley and had issue Edward Bayley. Married (2) Christopher Foster with issue Christopher Foster b. 1649. Valentine Papers, Vol IV, p. 2273. Compare with Octavia Jordan Perry's "These Jordan's Were Here" p. 52
Post-em at RootsWeb.com
Author Name: Bill Foster Author Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Added: 13 Apr 2009 URL: William Foster's Families and Related Families Note: Mary married Christopher son of Phillip immigrant to Colonial Va.
Name: Mary JORDAN Sex: F Birth: 1625 in England Death: 1698 in Colonial Va Change Date: 5 OCT 2007 at 22:28:40
Father: Arthur JORDAN b: 1595 in Surry,England Mother: Mary RAWLINGS
Marriage 1 Christopher FOSTER b: Abt 1620 in England Married: Abt 1648 in Surry Co Colonial VA
Daughter of Arthur Jordan, sister of Col. George Jordan. Not to be confused with Mary, daughter of Samuel Jordan & Cecily Reynolds.
- Southside Virginia Families, Volume 1 By John Bennett Boddie, Boddie. "The Arthur Bailey Family." page 14-15
- Reference: RootsWeb's WorldConnect - SmartCopy: Mar 8 2017, 18:53:32 UTC
- Reference: FamilySearch Family Tree - SmartCopy: Mar 8 2017, 19:03:40 UTC
Parents appear to be incorrect here compared to Boddie:
Child of CICELY REYNOLDS and SAMUEL JORDAN is:
14. MARY9 JORDAN (SAMUEL SILAS8, ROBERT7, THOMAS6 JORDAINE, ROBERT II5, ROBERT I4, ROBERT3, JOHN2, THE1 JORDANS)79,80,81,82 was born 1621 in Jordan's Journey VA 940111.04B83,84, and died WFT Est. 1658-1716 85,86. She married ARTHUR BAILEY WFT Est. 1651-165787, son of THOMAS BAILEY and MARY WELSH.
Child of MARY JORDAN and ARTHUR BAILEY is:
21. i. EDWARD10 BAILEY, b. 1655, Ref. # 931012.04; d. WFT Est. 1686-1746.
Notes for MARY JORDAN:
Author: James P. C. Southall Title: Links in a Chain Virginia Historical Magazine Vol. 5 1 (No.4)1943380-393 Abbrev: Southall, Links in a Chain Type: Article, Journal Date: 27 DEC 1997
Mary Foster's Timeline
Surry County, Virginia, United States
Henrico County, Virginia
Surry County, Virginia Colony
Surry County, Virginia