|Birthplace:||Wye, Kent, UK|
|Death:||Died in Stonington, CT, USA|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Mary Hatch
view all 30
About Mary Hatch
- PRIOR, Daniel
- b. 28 JAN 1620/1 England
- d. Scituate, Plymouth, Mass.
- Marriage: ABT 1644
- Spouse: HATCH, Mary
- b. ABT 1631 Wye, Kent, England
- d. Scituate, Plymouth, Mass.
- Father: HATCH, Thomas
- Mother: Lydia,
- PRIOR, Humphrey
- PRIOR, Daniel
- b. 6 JUL 1656 Scituate, Plymouth, Mass.
- From: http://www.genealogyofnewengland.com/f_2f5.htm#64
- The New England historical and genealogical register, Volume 70 By Henry Fitz-Gilbert Waters, New England Historic Genealogical Society
- .... etc.
- 9. WILLIAM HATCHE (Thomas, John the Younger, Thomas, Thomas, John), baptized at Tenterden, co. Kent, 9 Dec. 1563, was living 27 Dec. 1611, when his brother Thomas made his will, but died before 13 Feb. 1627/8, when his daughter Mary was licensed to marry William Sudell. He married, probably about 1593, ANNE —— , who was living as his widow at Tenterden 22 Jan. 1629/30, when her daughter Anne was licensed to marry John Beadle of New Romney. The will of John Hatche, the testator of 1628/9, names his brother William's children.
- i. JOHN, eldest son, b. abt. 1594; of Mayfield, co Sussex, in 1628/9; devisee of his uncle John's lands. Child: 1. John, living in 1628/9
- 10. ii. THOMAS, second son, b. abt. 1596.
- 11. iii. WILLIAM, b. abt. 1598.*
- 12. iv. ELIZABETH, b. abt 1600.
- v. JUDITH, second daughter, b. abt. 1602; living in 1628/9; m. abt. 1625 JOSEPH OSBORNE of Ashford co. Kent. Child: 1. Jeremy, bapt. at Ashford 3 Dec. 1626;† living in 1628/9.
- vi. MARGARET, third daughter, b. abt. 1604; m. WILLIAM WOOD of Tenterden, co. Kent, who d. before 23 Mar. 1628/9, when she was living as his widow.
- vii. MARY, fourth daughter, b. abt. 1606; living in 1628/9; m., probably at Kennnington, co. Kent, by licence of 13 Feb 1627/8, being then of Ashford, co. Kent, and about 21 years of age, WILLIAM SUDELL or SHUSALL of New Romney, co. Kent.
- viii. A son, b. perhaps abt 1609; d. before 23 Mar. 1628/9.
- ix. ANNE, youngest daughter, b. abt 1612; m., probably at St. Margaret's, Canterbury, by licence of 22 Jan. 1629/30, being then of Tenterden, co. Kent, and about 17 years of age, THOMAS BEADLE of New Romney, co. Kent.
- 10. THOMAS HATCH (William, Thomas, John the Younger, Thomas, Thomas, John), of Wye, co. Kent, and Scituate, Mass., born, probably about 1596, died in New England before 14 June 1646, when his widow brought her daughter Hannah to be baptized.* He married, probably about 1622 LYDIA —— . He lived for a while at Wye, where in 1626 and 1628 two of his children were baptized. .... The date of his emigration to New England is not known; but he may have come with his brother William, on his second trip to New England, in the Castle, in 1638. He settled at Scituate, and was proposed as a freeman 5 Mar. 1638/9.
- His widow, Lydia, married secondly, abot 1654, John Spring of Watertown, Mass., but continued to live in Scituate. About her the Plymouth Colony Records, uner date of 6 Oct. 1659, have the following: "Conserning a certaine woman, viz", the wife of John Spring, of Watertowne, which was somtimes the wife of Thomas Hatch, of Scittuate, which said woman hath lived about three or foure yeares att Sicttuate from her husband, the Court have ordered, that shee either repaire to her husband with all convenient speed, or to repaire to Duxburrow to the house of Mr Alden, on the twentyeth of this p'sent month of Octobert, to give a reason why shee doth not; and incase shee shall refuse to attend this order, the Court will take a speedy course to send her to her said husband."† Evidently she satisfied the authorities as to her reasons for living apart from her husband, for in 1665 she was still living in Scituate, when, as Lydia Spring, she took oath to the statements which her son-in-law, Jonas Pickles, made to her as to his wishes regarding the disposition of his property after his death.
- i. WILLIAM, b. in England abt. 1624; emigrated with his parents to New England; lived at Scituate and later at Swansea, Mass.,
- * Much confusion has arisen and numerous errors have appeared in various printed works regarding two settlers in Plymough Colony named Thomas Hatch. Besides Thomas Hatch of Scituate, there was a Thomas Hatach, an early propietor of Dorchester, Mass., who was propounded as a freeman 14 May 1634. (Massachusetts Bay Records, vol. 1, p. 369.) He removed to Barnstable, where he was propounded as a freeman 1 June 1641. At Barnstable, in Aug. 1643, he was on the list of those able to bear arms, that is, he was between 16 and 60 years of age. He had land in both Yarmouth and Barnstable, and took the oath of fidelity in Yarmouth in 1657. he died about 1660, and on 7 May 1661 his widow Grace presented his inventory. On 3 Mar. 1662/3 administration on his estate was granted Jonathan Hatch and to Lydia, wife of Henry Taylor, who were without doubt his children. (Plymouth Colony Records, Court Orders, vol. 4, p. 31.) This Thomas Hatch of Dorchester, Yarmouth, and Barnstable did not belong to the Hatch family of Scituate, which came from co. Kent.
- † Plymouth Colony Records, Court Orders, vol. 3, p. 174.
- where he d. abt. 1702; m. at Scituate, 13 May 1652, SUSANNA ANNIBALL, dau. of Anthony of Scituate. He joined with his brothers Jeremiah and Thomas in deeds in 1680 and 1682.* Children: 1. Mary, bapt. at Scituate 3 Oct. 1652. 2. Lydia, b. at Scituate 7 Jan. 1654/5. 3. William, bapt. at Scituate 29 Apr. 1660.
- ii. JEREMIAH, bapt. at Wye, co. Kent, 23 July 1626; emigrated with his parents to New England; d. between 1709 or 1710, when he ordered James Torrey to obliterate three lines in his will,† and 16 Mar. 1712/13, when the will was proved; m. at Scituate, 29 Dec. 1657, MARY HEWES, dau. of John "the Welchman." She d. between 1713 and 20 Sept. 1716, when her will was proved. Jeremiah Hatch was a shipbuilder at Scituate. .... Children, b. at Scituate: 1. Mary, b. 14 Feb. 1658/9. 2. Jeremiah, b. 31 Aug. 1660. 3. Joanna, b. 21 Mar. 1662/3. 4. Mercy, b. 15 Apr. 1665. 5. John, b. 4 Jan 1666/7. 6. Elizabeth, b. 10 Mar. 1668/9; m. her second cousin, Israel Hatch (11, i, 7). 7. Lydia, b. 5 Dec. 1669. 8. Phebe, b. 8 Apr. 1671. 9 Thomas, b. 15 Dec. 1672. 10 James, b. 4 May 1674. 11. Anna, b. 6 Oct. 1677. 12. Deborah, b. 24 Mar. 1678/9.
- iii. THOMAS, bapt. at Wye, co. Kent, 9 Nov. 1628; emigrated with his parents to New England; m. at Scituate, 4 Feb. 1662/3, SARAH ELMES, b. at Scituate 29 Sept. 1645, dau. of Rodulphus and Catherine (Whitecombe) of Scituate. Children, b. at Scituate: 1. Sarah, b. 23 May 1664. 2. Lydia, b. 9 Dec. 1666. 3. Mary, b. 19 Jan. 1668/9. 4. Thomas, b. 4 Dec. 1670. 5. Keturah, b. 8 Apr. 1672. 6. Hannah, b. 26 July 1673. 7 Rodulphus, b. 26 Dec. 1674. 8. Margaret, b. 26 Aug. 1677. 9. Abigail, b. 10 Nov. 1678. 10. Joseph, b. 6 May 1682. 11. Jeremiah, b. 2 Mar. 1684/5.
- iv. MARY, b. in England, probably abt. 1631; emigrated with her parents to New England; m. DANIEL PRIOR. Child: 1. Daniel, bapt. at Scituate 6 July 1656.‡
- v. ALICE, bapt. at Tenterden, co. Kent, 25 Sept. 1636; emigrated with her parents to New England; m. (1) at Scituate, 23 Dec. 1657, JONAS PICKLES, who d. between 15 Dec. 1664, when he made his nuncupative will, and 27 Sept. 1665, when his mother-in-law, Lydia ( —— ) (Hatch) Spring, took oath about the satements that he had made to her as to the disposition of his property; m. (2) at Scituate, in Dec. 1665, THOMAS ROOSE. Children by first husband, b. at Scituate: 1. Jonas, b. 5 Feb. 1658/9; d young. 2. Mercy, b. 28 Dec. 1660. 3. Nathan, b. 28 Jan. 1661/2. 4 Jonas, b. 10 Mar. 1663/4. 5. Lydia, b. 10 Apr. 1665. Children by second husband, b. at Scituate: 6. Thomas, b. 10 Sept. 1666. 7. Patient, b. 31 Mar. 1668/9 [sic]. 8 Hannah, b. 23 May 1669 [sic].
- vi. HANNAH, bapt. at Scituate 14 June 1646, being presented by her mother, "widow Hatch," and being then evidently a child several years old and not an infant; m. at Scituate, 6 Dec. 1658, SAMUEL UTLEY. Child: 1. Lydia, b. at Scituate 28 Dec. 1659.
- * Copies of these deeds are in the possession of Israel H. Hatch of Marshfield, Mass.
- † See deposition attached to the will, in the Plymouth Probate Records.
- ‡ Savage's Genealogical Dict., vol. 3, p. 488, states that Daniel Prior or Pryor had a wife Mary; and in the records of the Second Church of Scituate, under date of 6 July 1656, is found the baptism of "Daniel grandchild to our sister Spring, and sonne to Daniel Pryor."
- .... etc.