Matching family tree profiles for Mary Merrill
About Mary Merrill
Mary HUTCHINS (daughter of Samuel) was born about 1709 in Kittery, Maine. She died 16 Mar 1793 in Arundel, York Co., ME. Mary married John MERRILL about 1729.
From The American Genealogist, vol. 72, pgs. 173-75
"The Kittery First Church and Society parish records note on 26 April 1719 the baptism of infants: Sarah Hutchins, Caleb Hutchins, Samuel Hutchins, Hannah Hutchins, and Simeon Hutchins. No parents are named; however, the will cited below makes it clear these are the children of Samuel Hutchins of Kittery. Given the normal two-year interval between single births, this would indicate a marriage date of say 1710."
HUTCHINS, SAMUEL (son of Enoch Hutchins and Mary Stevenson) came from Kittery to Arundel about 1739, and died in 1742.
His wife was Hannah, who died June 9, 1747 in Arundel, Maine.
His sons were: Caleb, Samuel, Simeon, Levi, Joseph and David.
His daughters were: Mary, who married John Merrill; Lydia, John Jellison and John Durrell; and Hannah, married Lemuel Perkins and John Burbank.
- page 542-543 of "Old Kittery and Her Families" by Everett S. Stackpole
- page 252-253 of History of Kennebunk Port, from its first discovery by Bartholomew Gosnold, May 14, 1602, to A. D. 1837 by Bradbury, Charles, 1798-1864 Published 1837
- The American Genealogist, vol. 72, pgs. 173-75
- page 247 of The Old Families of Salisbury and Amesbury, Massachusetts: With Some Related ...By David Webster Hoyt
- Ii. John Merrill, born April 14, 1704, son of Deacon John "house carpenter" Merrill and Mary Allin. Married Mary Hutchins. Resided Arundel.
Mary Merrill's Timeline
Kittery, York, Maine, USA
January 29, 1733
March 16, 1793
Arundel, York, Maine, USA
Arundel, York, ME, USA