Mary Bliss (Morgan)
|Birthplace:||Springfield, Hampshire County, Massachusetts Bay Colony|
|Death:||Died in Province of Massachusetts|
Daughter of David Morgan and Mary Morgan
|Managed by:||James Wayne Waters|
About Mary Bliss
- A history of the family of Morgan, from the year 1089 to present times ([1902?])
- VIII. LLEWELYN ap IVOR of Tredegar, Lord of St Clear, married Angharad, daughter of Sir Morgan ap Meredith, from the Welsh Lords of Caerleon, ap Griffith ap Meredith ap Rhys, who bore "Argent a lion rampant sable." Sir Morgan died 1332, when Angharad was aged 32. They had : 1. Morgan. 2. Ivor Hael, whence MORGAN OF GWERN-Y-CLEPPA. 3. Philip, whence LEWIS OF ST. PIERRE.
- IX. MORGAN of Tredegar and St. Clear, married Maud, daugter of Rhun ap Grono ap Llwarch, Lord of Cibwr. He died before 1384. Issue: 1. Llewelyn. 2. Philip, whence MORGAN OF LANGSTONE. 3. John, father of Gwenllian, married David Goch ap David, 4. Christian, married Jevan ap Jenkin Kemeys. 5. Ann, married David Gwilim David of Rhiwperra. 6. Margaret, married Traherne ap Meyric of Merthyr. 7. A daughter, married Thomas ap Gwillim of Carnllwyd. 8. Elenor, married Grono ap Howel Bennet.
- X. LLEWELYN ap MORGAN of Tredegar and St. Clear, living 1387, married Jenet daughter and heir of David-vychan ap David of Rhydodyn, 1384-87. Issue: 1. Jevan. 2. Christy, married Madoc ap Jevan of Gelligaer. 3. —— , married Roger ap Adam of St. Mellon's. 4. —— , married Madoc of Bassalleg. 5. —— , married Thomas Llewelyn. 6. Ann, married John ap Jenkin. 7. —— , married —— of Raglan. 8. —— , married —— of Builth.
- XI. JEVAN MORGAN, 1415-48, married Denise, or Elizabeth, daughter of Thomas ap Llewelyn-vychan of Lllangattog-on-Usk. Issue: 1. John. 2. David, 1442-48. 3. Jenkyn, 1454.
- XII. SIR JOHN MORGAN, Knight of the Sepulchre, 1448, steward of Gwentlloog ; married Jenet, daughter and co-heir of John ap David Mathew of Llandaff. Issue: 1. Morgan. 2. Thomas, whence MORGAN OF MACHEN AND TREDEGAR. 3. John, whence a BRANCH. 4. Lewis, 1491. 5. William Morgan, coroner, 1501, father or John of Newport, died 1541, father of William, 1541-1559. 6. Philip, 1491. 7. Elizabeth, married John Fiennes,
- Lord Clinton and Say. 8. Jane, married William David Powel. 9. Mary, married Thomas Llewelyn-vychan of Rhiwperra. 10. Isabella, married James Kemeys of Began, ob. 1591.
- MORGAN OF MACHEN AND TREDEGAR.
- XIII. THOMAS, second son of Sir John Morgan, was of Machen; esquire of the body to Henry VII.; living 1538; married Elizabeth, daughter of Roger Vaughan of Porthaml. Issue: 1. Rowland. 2. Reynold, whence MORGAN OF LLANVEDW. 3. John, whence MORGAN OF BASSALLEG. 4. Edmond, whence MORGAN OF PENLLWYN-SARTH. 5. Margaret, married 1st John Kemeys, 2d William Edmunds. 6. Barbara, married Sir Henry Seymour. 7. Maud, married John ap Rosser. 8, Jane, married 1st William Gunter, 2d Richard ap Jenkin, 3d William Vaughan of Magor. 9. Constance, married William
- Jones of Treowen. 10. Mary, married 1st Edward Williams, 2d Richard Herbert. 11. Elizabeth, married Edward James.
- XIV. ROWLAND MORGAN of Machen, 1517-77, married Blanch, daughter of John Thomas of Llanarth. Settlement 11 Nov. 1517; sheriff 1557. Issue: 1. Thomas, 2. Henry, whence MORGAN OF ST. MELLON'S. 3. Catherine, married 1st Thomas Mathew, 2d Miles Morgan, 3d Henry Jones. 4. Ann, married Philip Morgan of Gwern-y-Cieppa. 5. Mary, married Thomas Lewis of Rhiwperra. 6. Elizabeth, married Edward Kemeys of Cefn Mably.
- XV. THOMAS MORGAN of Machen and Tredegar, and of the , Middle Temple, 1567-77; sheriff 1581 ; M. P. for county 1589; will 1603; married Elizabeth, daughter of Roger Bodenham. Issue: 1. Sir William. 2. Edward, 1586, married Elizabeth, daughter of Richard Thomas of Bertholley. 3. Sir John, died before 1610, married Florence, daughter and eventual heir of William Morgan of the Friars. They had William of the Friars, 1663, mayor of Newport, 1667, father of Lewis Morgan, died about 1690, father of Lewis, died 1729, who sold the Friars. He was father of: (a) Blanch, married Richard Greensward ; (b) Catherine, married Anthony Williams. 4. David Morgan, whence a BRANCH. 5. Blanch, married Edward Lewis of Van ; settlement 1585. 6. Catherine, married William Herbert of Coldbrook. 7. Elizabeth, married William Jones of Abergavenny. 8. Jane, married Rowland Morgan of Bassalleg. 9. Elizabeth, married William Blethyn of Dynham. 10. Ann. 11. Margaret, married Henry Williams of Mathern.
- XVI. SIR WILLIAM MORGAN of Tredegar, knighted 1633; M. P. for county 1623-25; will 1650, proved 1653; sheriff 1612; aet 93 at death ; he received Charles I. at Tredegar, 16 and 17 July, 1645 ; married 1st Elizabeth, daughter of Sir William Winter of Lidney, 2d Bridget, daughter of Anthony Morgan of Heyford, county Northampton, widow of Anthony Morgan of Llanvihangel Crucorney. Issue by first wife: 1. Thomas. 2. Edward of Kilfengan ; will 4 April 1660, proved Feb. 1661 ; married Elizabeth, daughter and heir of Charles James of Llandewi Rhydderch, had Elizabeth, daughter and
- heir, married Henry Chambre of Court Morgan. 3. William, whence MORGAN OF RHYMNY. 4. Rowland of Risca; will 19 Dec. 1660, proved Feb. 1661 ; married Honora --- , and had Colonel William Morgan; buried at Bassalleg, 27 Oct. 1679. 5. John, of the Temple in 1652 ; coel. 6. Mary, married George Lewis of St. Pierre. 7. Blanch, married John Carne of Ewenny. 8. Frances, married Charles Williams of Llangibby. 9. Mary, single; will 1687, 10. Elizabeth, married William Morgan of Dderw ; she died 1638, he died 1649. By Sir William's second wife : 11. Anthony of Kilfengan, s. p. His widow was alive in 1673. 12. Mary, married Peter Farmer of London, who died 1691. They had Margaret, daughter and heir, married John More, who sold Kilfengan 1707.
- BRANCH FROM MORGAN OF TREDEGAR.
- A. (See XVI. 10, ante p. 16.)
- ELIZABETH, daughter of Sir William of Tredegar; married William Morgan, merchant of Diveru; went to Bristol, England, 1616. Elizabeth died 1638. William died 1648; both buried in Bristol. (See Great Orphan Book and Book of Wills of Bristol.) Issue: Miles Morgan, born 1616, named perhaps after Miles Morgan, captain British Army, who perished with Sir Humphrey Gilbert, half brother of Sir Walter Raleigh, who sailed, 1576, under a patent "to occupy any heathen lands not actually possessed of any Christian prince or people." .....
- I. MILES MORGAN married Prudence Gilbert 1636. Issue: 1. Mary, born Dec. 14, 1644. 2. Jonathan, born Sept. 16, 1646. 3. David, born July 23, 1648. 4. Peletiah. born May 17, 1650: killed by the Indians 1675; died unmarried. 5. Isaac, born March 12, 1652. 6. Lydia, born Feb. 8, 1654. 7. Hannah, born Feb. 11, 1656. 8. Mercy, born May 18, 1658. PRUDENCE GILBERT MORGAN died Nov. 14. 1660. Miles married, Feb, 15. 1669 (2) ELIZABETH BLISS. By her he had issue : 1. Nathaniel, born June 14, 1671. MILES MORGAN died May 28. 1699. aged 84 years.
- III. DAVID, married Mary Clark Jan. 16, 1672; did May 30, 1731. Issue: 1. Peletiah, born March, 1676, 2. David, born Feb. 18, 1679. 3. John, born Oct. 7, 1682. 4. Jonathan, born Sept, 1685. 5. Mary, born Dec. 24, 1686. 6. Benjamin, born May 2, 1695; married Mary Graves June 4, 1718. Issue: 1. Benjamin, born Nov. 26, 1719. 2. Stephen, born May 4, 1722. 3 Aaron, born Nov. 7, 1724. 4. Mary, born Aug. 4, 1727.
- BLISS, Nathaniel
- b. 8 SEP 1679 Springfield, Hampden, Mass.
- d. 12 MAR 1750/1 Longmeadow, Hampden, Mass.
- Father: BLISS, Samuel
- Mother: STEBBINS, Sarah
- Marriage: 3 FEB 1696/7 Springfield, Hampden, Mass.
- Spouse:WRIGHT, Mary
- Marriage: 20 JAN 1703/4 Springfield, Hampden, Mass.
- Spouse: MORGAN, Mary
- b. 24 DEC 1686 Springfield, Hampden, Mass.
- d. 22 NOV 1738
- Father: MORGAN, David
- Mother: CLARK, Mary
- BLISS, Mary b. 11 SEP 1706 Springfield, Hampden, Mass. d. 17 JAN 1724/5 Springfield, Hampden, Mass.
- BLISS, Mercy
- BLISS, Hannah b. 26 MAY 1711 Springfield, Hampden, Mass. d. 19 JUL 1712 Springfield, Hampden, Mass.
- BLISS, Hannah
- BLISS, Peletiah
- BLISS, Bathsheba
- BLISS, Mary b. 31 JUL 1725 Springfield, Hampden, Mass. d. 2 AUG 1725 Springfield, Hampden, Mass.
- BLISS, Abner
- From: http://www.genealogyofnewengland.com/f_7.htm#4
Mary Bliss's Timeline
December 24, 1686
Springfield, Hampshire County, Massachusetts Bay Colony
October 26, 1704
Enfield, CT, USA
April 21, 1709
May 26, 1711
October 1, 1713
March 4, 1717
Longmeadow, Massachusetts, United States
August 8, 1722
Srpingfield, Hampden, Massachusetts, United States
July 31, 1725
August 19, 1726
Longmeadow, Hampshire, Massachusetts