Mary Pierce (Cooke)
|Birthplace:||Portsmouth, Aquidneck Island, Colony of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations|
|Death:||Died in Portsmouth, Newport County, Colony of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations|
Daughter of Captain John Cook and Mary (Havens) Cook
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Mary Pierce
About Mary Pierce
"Thomas Cooke of Rhode Island", Jane Fletcher Fiske, Boxford, MA, 1987
- p39: "MARY, b. ca. 1656; m. William Manchester."
- p65: "died after July 1725 when she made a deposition"
- According to the info from the website, http://antonymaitland.com/hptext/hp0694.txt , Mary was married to William Manchester, John Manchester's brother: "MARY, b. ca. 1656; m. William Manchester."
- Other websites collaborate this:
- BUT according to this website:
- William Manchester was married to Mary BORDEN Cook, (Borden being her mother's maiden name), NOT Mary Pierce (Cooke). Her mother's maiden name was Havens.
"The Genealogical Dictionary of Rhode Island", John Osborne Austin,Joel Munsell's Sons, Albany, NY: 1887; pp. 23-24; pp. 282-285
"New England Marriages Prior To 1700", Clarence A. Torrey, (as found on NEHGS CD-ROM, Boston, 2001)
"MANCHESTER, William (1654-1718) & Mary [COOK] (1653-1716+, 1725+); by 1688, by 1678?; Portsmouth, RI/Tiverton, RI"
Mary Pierce's Timeline
Portsmouth, Aquidneck Island, Colony of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations
Portsmouth, Newport County, Colony of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations