Mary Seely (Slawson)
|Also Known As:||"Mary Slason", "Mary seeley"|
|Birthplace:||Stamford, Fairfield, Connecticut|
|Death:||Died in Bedford, Westchester, New York|
|Managed by:||Todd Ryan Barber|
About Mary Seely
Jeanne Majdalany, The Story of the Early Settlers of Stamford, CT 1641 1700, has a map showing George Slawson [Slason] on South Street, next to John Miller, and beyond him, Obadiah Seely. Obadiah was a carpenter who built Millers house: after Miller died Obadiah married the widow and raised the Miller boys, presumably moving into the Miller house.
George Slawson had no daughter named Mary that we know of, but his son Thomas did. The records of St Johns Church (per Huntingtons History of Stamford, CT) show that Mary Slason, dau of Thomas and Mary Slason, was baptized Nov 6, 1748. Jonas Seely was born 1653. It is a reasonable assumption that Jonas married this Mary.