Matching family tree profiles for Mary Sarah Tackett
About Mary Sarah Tackett
Mary Sarah Spiller was the daughter of William Spiller and wife Mary. She was born c.1674 in Takeley, Essex, England. She married Louis Tacquette, a Huguenot immigrant who lived in Essex as a youth. It is not known if they knew each other in Essex. Tacquette emigrated to Virginia Colony in 1686. It is not known when Mary Sarah came to Virginia, if she came alone, or with her family or with Louis. Mary Sarah died in Prince William County, Virginia in 1748.
Some sources cite Frederick County as the last residence for Mary Sarah. This is unlikely, as her family was settled along Cedar Run, a tributary of the Occoquan River. Cedar Run lies in Prince William County today, and would have been in Stafford County at the time the Tacquette family moved there.
Many children are attributed to Louis and Mary Sarah. These four are the ones recognized by the Huguenot Society:
- Louis Tacquette, also known as Lewis Tackett, born 1709 in Virginia.
- John Moses Tacquette, also known as John Tackett, born 1712 in Virginia.
- William Tacquette, also known as William Tackett, born in Virginia.
- Rachel Tacquette, born in Virginia.
Links to additional material:
- Updated from MyHeritage Family Trees via son John Moses Tackett by SmartCopy: Feb 25 2015, 14:38:42 UTC
Mary Sarah Tackett's Timeline
Takeley, Essex, England, United Kingdom
Cedar Run, Fauquier, Virginia, United States
Stafford, Virginia, USA
Stafford County, Province of Virginia
October 2, 1764
Prince William County, Virginia, United States