Mary Ware (Bryden)
|Also Known As:||"Bryden", "Briden", "Mary Newman"|
|Birthplace:||St. Edmundsbury, SG, England, United Kingdom|
|Death:||Died in Dublin, County Dublin, Leinster, Ireland|
|Place of Burial:||Dublin, Ireland|
Daughter of Ambrose Bryden and Lady Anne Bryden
|Managed by:||Christian Aaron PERKS|
Matching family tree profiles for Mary Ware
About Mary Ware
- Mary Bryden1
- F, #410585, b. circa 1572, d. 3 December 1632
- Last Edited=4 Dec 2009
- Mary Bryden was born circa 1572 at St. Edmundsbury, Suffolk, England.1 She was the daughter of Ambrose Bryden.1 She married Sir James Ware circa 1590 at Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland.1 She died on 3 December 1632 at Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland.1
- From circa 1590, her married name became Ware.1
- Children of Mary Bryden and Sir James Ware
- 1.Anne Ware+1 d. 23 Oct 1641
- 2.Martha Ware1
- 3.Cecilia Ware1
- 4.Russell Ware+1 b. c 1590
- 5.Sir James Ware+1 b. 26 Nov 1594, d. 1 Dec 1666
- 6.John Ware1 b. c 1595
- 7.Very Rev. Joseph Ware1 b. c 1598, d. 26 Feb 1648
- 1.[S1042] Peter Wood, "re: Sarah Selina Persse," e-mail message to Darryl Lundy, 26 February. Hereinafter cited as "re: Sarah Selina Persse."
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p41059.htm#i410585
- Mary Brydon Ware
- Birth: 1566 Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, England
- Death: 1632
- A daughter of Ambrose Brydon (Bryden, Briden, Bridon), her 1566 baptism appears in the St James Parish Registers, Bury St Edmunds, as follows:
- Dec. 23. Mary Brydon fil. Ambrosii.
- Originally dedicated to St Denys, the Parish Church of St James has grown and developed over the centuries, becoming the Cathedral of the Diocese of St Edmundsbury and Ipswich in 1914.
- Family links:
- James Ware (____ - 1632)*
- Anne Ware Downing (____ - 1621)*
- James Ware (1594 - 1666)*
- Peter Ware (1605 - 1659)*
- Burial: Saint Werburgh's Church, Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland
- Find A Grave Memorial# 115518585
- From: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=115518585
- Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, Volume 59
- Ware, James (1594-1666) by Norman Moore
- WARE, Sir JAMES (1594–1666), Irish antiquary and historian, eldest son of Sir James Ware and his wife, Mary Briden, was born at his father's house in Castle Street, Dublin, on 26 Nov. 1594. His father went to Ireland as secretary to Sir William FitzWilliam (1526–1599) [q. v.], the lord deputy, in 1588, became auditor-general, a post in which he was succeeded by his son and grandson, was knighted by James I, and was elected for Mallow in the Irish parliament of 1613. He died suddenly while walking in Fishamble Street, Dublin, in 1632, leaving five sons and five daughters.
- His son James entered at Trinity College, Dublin, in 1610, and graduated M.A. in 1616. James Ussher [q. v.] encouraged in him a taste for antiquarian pursuits. He married, after leaving the university, Mary, daughter of John Newman of Dublin. .... etc.
- From: http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Ware,_James_(1594-1666)_(DNB00)
- Suffolk Manorial Families, Being the County Visitations and Other ..., Volume 1 edited by Joseph James Muskett
- Downing of Gamlingay.
- .... etc.
- 3. George Downing, Master of the Grammar School, Ipswich, 1607-10. Entered Wueen's Coll. Cambr. 1569; Will Arch. Suff. 14 Jan. 1610; proved 3 Oct. by his daughter Nahomie. = . . . ? da. of Bellamy; bur. at St. Lawrence, Ipswich, 1610. ; ch: Nathaniel (m. Margaret Selyne or Cellyn), Susanna (m. Francis Kirby), 2. Nahomi, Benjamin (bpt.1593), Anne (bpt.1595), Elnathan (bur.1609), 3. Abigail (m. John Goade), Emmanuel (m. Anne Ware & Lucy Winthrop), Joseph, Joshua (m. Grace Edisbury) Downing.
- Emmanuel Downing of the Inner Temple, Gent.; bap. at St. Lawrence, Ipswich, 12 Aug. 1585; one of the most active men n the Massachusetts Colony; of Salem, N.E. 1633-8-1645; previously of London and Dublin; later of London and Edinburgh, where he died circa 1660. = Anne, da. of Sir James Ware of Dublin, Kt, by Mary da. of Ambrose Brydon of Bury, St. Edmunds; sister of Sir Ja's Ware, the Irish Antiquary; 1st w. ; ch: James (went to New England), Mary (m. Anthony Stoddard), Susan (went to New England) Downing. ; = Lucy, da. of Adam Winthrop, Esq., sister of John Winthrop, Governor of Massachusetts; b. 9 Jan. 1600; mar. at Groton, Suffolk, 10 Apr. 1622; d. 19 April 1679, 2d w. ; ch: 1. Lucy (m. Wm. Norton), Dorcas (prob. d. young), Anne (m. Capt. Joseph Gardner & Simon Bradstreet, Gov.), 3. Martha (m. Capt. Peters), Sir George (m. Frances Howard) Joshua (bpt.1627), Robert (bpt.162?), Adam (d. young), John (bpt.1640) Downing.
- .... etc.
- Hammond of Bury St. Edmunds.
- Henry Hammond of Bury St. Edmunds, Clothier; described in Special Commission Exchequer, 2964, 42 Eliz., as brother to Thomas Hammon of Bury; born circa 1545; aged 55 in 1600; will, P.C.C. 40 Montague, 25 May 1600, names sister Mrs. Margaret Wybard. = Margary . . . She made Will. Arch. Sudb., "Legate." do. 384, 22 May 1617, proved 20 Feb. following. ; ch: John (m. Mary Scott), Mary (m. John Brydon), William, Thomas (m. Amy __), Edward, Henry, Agnes, Susan, Margaret Hammond.
- Mary, wife of John Brydon, 1600 and 1617, son of Ambrose Brydon of Bury, and brother of Mary Bridon who mar. Sir James Ware. See page 99.
- .... etc.
Sir James Ware, Auditor-General of Ireland
by Mark H. Welchley, August 2010
Sir James Ware; born 1568 possibly in Yorkshire, England. He died 14 May 1632, Dublin, Dublin, Ireland. He was buried 14 May 1632 at St. or Werburghs Church, Castle, St., Dublin, Ireland. He married 1589 or 1590 in Dublin, Ireland, Mary Briden, the daughter of Ambrose and Anne Briden (Bryden) of St. Edmundsbury, Suffolk, England. She was born 23 Dec 1566 at St. James, Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk, England. She died 3 Dec 1632 in Dublin, Dublin Ireland. She was buried 5 Dec 1632 at St. Werburgh’s Church, Dublin, Ireland.
Additional Information for Mary /Bryden/ Notes (1) NOTE: According to a letter from a research office, the wife's name may have been Mary Newman.
Citing This Record "Pedigree Resource File," database, FamilySearch (http://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.2.1/S56R-LZY : accessed 2014-01-10), entry for Mary /Bryden/.
Mary Bryden (b. Dec 23, 1566, d. date unknown) Mary Bryden was born Dec 23, 1566 in Edmundsbury, Dublin, Ireland, and died date unknown. She married Sir James Ware on Abt. 1589 in Dublin, Ireland, son of Christopher Ware and Unknown.
More About Mary Bryden and Sir James Ware: Marriage: Abt. 1589, Dublin, Ireland.
Children of Mary Bryden and Sir James Ware are: +Robert Ware, b. 1595, Dublin, Marrow, Ireland, d. date unknown.
Mary Ware's Timeline
December 23, 1566
SG, England, United Kingdom
Mallow, County Cork, Munster, Ireland
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
November 26, 1594
Dublin, County Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
Waltham Abbey, Essex, England
Dublin, Dublin City, Ireland
Dublin, Dublin City, Dublin, Ireland