Mary Yeats (Wells)
|Also Known As:||"Mary Yeats"|
|Birthplace:||Norfolk, Norfolk County, Virginia Colony, Colonial America|
|Death:||Died in All Hallows Parish, Anne Arundel County, Province of Maryland, Colonial America|
|Place of Burial:||Davidsonville, Anne Arundel, Maryland, United States|
Daughter of Dr. Richard Wells and Frances Wells
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Mary Yeats
About Mary Yeats
The birth date for Mary Wells Stockett Yeats can probably be narrowed down by a few years. Her father, Richard Wells, probably embarked for Virginia at age 26, on the ship "Globe" of London on 7 August 1635. There were two Richard Wells shipping out for Virginia in that year, but the other one (who sailed on the "Assurance") was only 17. Both men were single at the time, as far as the records show.
At some point not too long after setting up in Virginia, he married, and had ten or eleven children when he and his whole family removed to Anne Arundel County, Maryland, in 1653. Accordingly, he must have gotten married between 1635 and 1640, and no later.
Therefore, Mary Wells Stockett Yeats was probably born no earlier than 1636 and no later than 1642.
- Name: Mary Welles
- Given Name: Mary
- Surname: Welles
- Sex: F
- _UID: F5A494FF20361340AD2FADB827F712498F0C
- Change Date: 24 Jul 2008
This account shows the relationship between George Yates and 2 of Mary's brothers.
Robert Burle (gentleman) 4.350 A AA #15884 #15884 Oct 6 1677
Payments to: John Larkin, Robert Wells and paid to George Wells (brother) and to George Yates, John Hance, Robert Ridgley for suit by Mr. Thomas Marsh, Mr. Thomas Bankes from the estate of Ralph Williams.
Distribution to: executor and other orphans (unnamed).
Executor: Stephen Burle (son).
The Maryland Calendar Of Wills Compiled And Edited by Jane Baldwin (Jane Baldwin Cotton) Wills From 1685 To 1702 Volume II, p. 168
Yate, Mary, A. A. Co., -- --- ----; 29th March 1699.
- To son Thomas Stockett, ex., 211 A., "The Range" nr. Lyon's Ck., and his father's black walnut box with his coat of arms engraved thereon.
- To dau. Frances, wife of Marein Duvall, dau. Eliza:, wife of Thomas Plummer, and to each grandchild living at time of testatrix' death, personalty.
- To sons George and John Yate, residue of estate, including "Vale of Benjamin," which is to be sold for their benefit.
- Test: Jos. Hanslap, Thos. Hill, Wm. Byas, Wm. Bailey. 6. 212.
Mrs. Mary Yates 19 1/2A.28 I £221.10.11 Oct 30 1699
- Appraisers: James Sanders, Thomas Odell.
- List of debts: Mr. John Hyde.
Mary Yates 21.347 A AA £221.10.11 #5564 Apr 30 ---- 
- second inventory was cited in the amount of £33.7.2.
- Payments to: Dr. Mordecai Moore, Abell Bond, Abraham Clarke.
- Executor: Thomas Stocket.
Mary Yates 23.108 A AA £221.10.11 £234.5.3 Apr 9 1703
- Received from: John Barrett, John Cash, William Lunne.
- Payments to: W. Taylard.
- Legatees: George Yate, John Yate, Mark Richardson, Thomas Plummer, Ann Yates, Mareen Duvall.
- Executor: Mr. Thomas Stockett.
Mary Yates 27.29 A AA £287.0.5 £287.0.5 Jul 19 1707
- Payments to: John Hyde, Thomas Bordley.
- Distribution to: John Yates.
- Executor: Thomas Stockett.
Mary Yate 32B.121 A AA , Jul 24 1708;
- Legatees: John Yate.
- Witnesses: Philip Tall, John Foeings.
- Executor: Thomas Stocket.
- Birth: ABT 1631 in Norfolk County, VA (year certainly incorrect, may be early by a full decade)
- Death: 21 JAN 1698/99 in All Hallows Parish, South River Hundred, Anne Arundel, MD
- Father: Richard Welles b: 1 JAN 1608/9 in Saltash, Cornwall, England
- Mother: Frances White [b: ABT 1622 in Hutton Hall, Essex, England - highly suspect information based on tertiary sources, most of which are suspect] Note the impossibility of the birth dates!
Marriage 1 Thomas Stockett b: 2 APR 1635 in Bekesbourne, Kent, England
- Married: ABT 1665 in Anne Arundel County, MD (probably a couple of years earlier)
- 1. Mary Stockett b: ABT 1666
- 2. Thomas Stockett b: 17 APR 1667 in All Hallows Parish, South River Hundred, Anne Arundel, MD
- 3. Frances Stockett b: AFT 23 APR 1671 in Anne Arundel County, MD (Probably wrong)
- 4. Elizabeth Stockett b: ABT 1646 (IMPOSSIBLE - based on the error that she m. Thomas Plummer I)
Marriage 2 George Yates b: ABT 1625
- Married: ABT 1671
Children (note: she was still fertile when she married George Yates/Yeats).
- 1. George Yates
- 2. John Yates
- 3. Anne Yates b: AFT 1675 (this is what argues most strongly for a birthdate c. 1640)
The source listed below is extremely suspect, as it is no better than tertiary and compiled from generations of possibly inaccurate/erroneous information:
- 'Mary Wells
- F, b. circa 1641, d. 21 January 1699
- Father Richard Wells b. 1 Jan 1609
- Mother Frances White b. c 1621
- ' Mary Wells was born circa 1641 at of Norfolk, VA. She married George Yeats, son of John Yeats and Mary (Elizabeth) Tattershall, in May 1672 at Anne Arundel, MD. Mary Wells died on 21 January 1699 at All Hallow's Parish, Anne Arundel, MD.
- Family George Yeats b. c 1640, d. 6 Jun 1691
- ◦George Yeats+ b. 1674, d. 13 Sep 1717
Mary Yeats's Timeline
July 2, 1643
Norfolk, Norfolk County, Virginia Colony, Colonial America
All Hallows Parish, Anne Arundel County, Province of Maryland
April 17, 1667
South River Parish, Anne Arundel County, Maryland
Anne Arundel County, Province of Maryland
South River Hundred, Anne Arundel County, Province of Maryland, Colonial America
Calvert County, Province of Maryland
South River Hundred, Anne Arundel County, Province of Maryland