Matilda Maude de Courtenay (de Beaumont)
|Also Known As:||"Matilda Beaumont", "Maud Beaumont", "Maude Beaumont"|
|Birthplace:||Shirwell or Sherwill or Sherrill, Devon, England|
|Death:||Died in Haccombe, Devon, England|
|Managed by:||Erin Spiceland|
About Matilda Maude de Courtenay
Date of birth has also been erroneously reported to be circa 1356, and also (erroneously?) reported to be circa 1388.
- Maud Beaumont1,2,3,4
- F, #22796, d. 3 July 1467
- Father Sir William Beaumont5,2,3,4 b. 1367, d. b 14 Nov 1406
- Mother Isabella Wylyngton5,2,3,4 b. 1370, d. 26 Apr 1424
- Maud Beaumont was born at of Sherwell, Dorsetshire, England. She and Sir Hugh Courtenay, Sheriff of Devonshire obtained a marriage license on 16 October 1417; They had 2 sons (Sir Edward; & Sir Hugh).5,2,3,4 Maud Beaumont left a will on 10 January 1467.2,4 She died on 3 July 1467.5,2,4
- Family Sir Hugh Courtenay, Sheriff of Devonshire b. a 1358, d. 5 Mar 1425
- Margaret Courtenay+5,2 b. a 1397
- Sir Hugh Courtenay+6,2,4 b. b Dec 1425, d. 6 May 1471
- 1.[S7130] Unknown author, Burke's Peerage, 1938, p. 802; Pedigrees of Some of the Emperor Charlemagne's Descendants, Vol. II, p. 119; Wallop Family, p. 234, 78.
- 2.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 547-548.
- 3.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. II, p. 129.
- 4.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. II, p. 333.
- 5.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 240.
- 6.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 240-241.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p759.htm#i22796
- Maud Beaumont1
- F, #9394, d. 3 July 1467
- Last Edited=27 Apr 2008
- Maud Beaumont was the daughter of William Beaumont and Isabel Wilington.2 She married Sir Hugh de Courtenay, son of Edward de Courtenay and Emmeline Dawnay, circa 16 October 1417.1,2 She died on 3 July 1467.2
- From circa 16 October 1417, her married name became de Courtenay.
- Children of Maud Beaumont and Sir Hugh de Courtenay
- 1.Margaret Courtenay+1
- 2.Sir Edward Courtenay2
- 3.Sir Hugh Courtenay+1 b. c 1426, d. 6 May 1471
- 1.[S37] Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes (Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003), volume 1, page 1123. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition.
- 2.[S62] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry (Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A.: Genealogical Publishing Co, 2005), page 239. Hereinafter cited as Magna Carta Ancestry.
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p940.htm#i9394
- Hugh COURTENAY of Haccombe (Sir)
- Born: BET 1358/60, probably Haccombe, Devonshire, England
- Died: 15 Mar 1424/25
- Father: Edward COURTENAY of Godlington
- Mother: Emeline DAUNEY
- Married 1: Elizabeth COGAN
- Married 2: Phillipa ARCHDEKNE (dau. of Sir Warren Archdekne of Haccombe)
- 1. Joan COURTENAY
- Married 3: Matilda BEAUMONT (d. 3 Jul 1467) (dau. of Sir John Beaumont of Sherwell) ABT 1372
- 2. Margaret COURTENAY
- 3. Edward COURTENAY (Sir)
- 4. Hugh COURTENAY of Boconnoc (Sir)
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/COURTENAY1.htm#Hugh COURTENAY of Haccombe (Sir)1
- FamilySearch AFN: HQVN-VX
- http://www.stirnet.com/genie/data/british/zwrk/temp42.php#beaum2 (membership required to view without interruption)