About Matilda (Maud) Charnels
- Maud Charnells1,2,3
- F, #30453, b. circa 1367, d. before 29 September 1409
- Father Sir Thomas Charnells, Lord Elmesthorp4,2,3 b. c 1340
- Mother Maud Gernet4,2,3 b. c 1340
- Maud Charnells was born circa 1367 at of Elmesthorpe, Leicestershire, England.4 A settlement for the marriage Maud Charnells and Laurence Trussell was made before 1383; They had 1 son (Sir William).4,2,3 Maud Charnells married Sir Robert Lytton, Justice of the Peace for Essex, Controller of the houshold of Henry IV before February 1400.2,3 Maud Charnells died before 29 September 1409.4,2,3
- Family 1 Sir Robert Lytton, Justice of the Peace for Essex, Controller of the houshold of Henry IV d. c Apr 1415
- Robert Lytton+2
- Family 2 Laurence Trussell b. c 1356, d. c 18 Sep 1399
- Sir William Trussell, Sheriff of Staffordshire+4,2,3 b. c 1387, d. 16 Jan 1464 or 23 Jan 1464
- [S9414] Unknown author, The History of the County Palatine and City of Chester, by George Ormerod, 1819, p. 122; The American Genealogist, July 1945, p. 16; Wallop Family, p. 775.
- [S6] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry: 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 358.
- [S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. IV, p. 542.
- [S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 718-719.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p1014.htm#i30453
- Maud Charnels1
- F, #190865, b. before 1367, d. before 29 September 1409
- Last Edited=9 May 2006
- Maud Charnels was born before 1367.1 She was the daughter of Sir Thomas Charnels and Maud Garnet.1 She married, firstly, Lawrence Trussell, son of Sir Warin Trussell and Maud de Saint Philibert, before 1383. She died before 29 September 1409.1
- From before 1383, her married name became Trussell.1
- Child of Maud Charnels and Lawrence Trussell
- Sir William Trussell+1 b. c 1386, d. fr 16 Jan 1464 - 24 Jan 1464
- [S79] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry (Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A.: Genealogical Publishing Company, 2004), page 718. Hereinafter cited as Plantagenet Ancestry.
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p19087.htm#i190865
Matilda (Maud) Charnels's Timeline
Elmsthorpe, Leicestershire, , England
Truesell, Herefordshire, England
Truesell, Herfordshire, England