Meribah Locke (Page)
|Birthplace:||Hampton, Province of New Hampshire|
|Death:||Died in Rye, Province of New Hampshire|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Meribah Locke
view all 15
About Meribah Locke
- A history and genealogy of Captain John Locke (1627-1696) of Portsmouth and Rye, N.H., and his descendants; also of Nathaniel Locke of Portsmouth, and a short account of the history of the Lockes in England (1916?])
- F47 William Locke, b. in Rye, m. Jan. 7, or Feb. 17, 1729 Miribah Page, dau. of Francis and Hannah (Nudd). She was b. Feb. 2, 1707, d. soon after marriage. He m. 2nd, Jan. 5, 1734 Elizabeth Rand, who bore him 7 children. His name appears on Rye petitions 1724-5. He paid 1500 pounds Oct. 29, 1739, for "a tract of land in Two Mile Streak" at south end of Barrington near the Rochester and Dover line, and sold some of this to Thomas Locke the next day. Sold land in Barrington 1740-46-51. He sold 50 acres land in Epsom 1742. He received 21 pounds for work at Fort William and Henry in 1764. He was a mason by trade, and lived near Charles and Gilman Garland's place in Rye. I think he may have moved to Barrington 1745-50, as the Rye records contain no dates of his family after 1745.
- Children of 4th Gen., five of whom were born in Rye.
- 214 Merebeth, or Miribah, b. Aug. 6, 1735.
- F215 Hannah, b. Feb. 18, 1737, m. Deacon Reuben Philbrick # 226.
- 216 Elizabeth, b. March 3, 1739-40.
- F217 Abigail, b. March 4, 1743, m. Sept. 18, 1764, Joshua Foss.
- F218 William, b. Sept. 9, 1745, m. 1st, Betsey Babb; m. 2nd, Apl. 20, 1802, Mary Hayes.
- F219 Samuel, b. Aug. 14, 1748.
- 220 Mary, b. Apl. 6, 1751.
- History of the town of Hampton, New Hampshire, from its settlement in 1638 to the autumn of 1892 (1893) Vol.2
- V. William Locke, Deacon, son of John (1), married Nov. 23, 1699, Hannah, daughter of John Knowles (1); lived in the present town of Rye. Children:
- Jonathan, b. Mar. 15, 1702; m. Mar. 2, 1727, Sarah, dau. of William Haines, of Greenland; lived in Rye; d. Jan. 2, 1774. Twelve ch.
- William, m., 1st, Feb., 1729, Meribah Page, dau. of Francis (5); 2d, Jan. 5, 1735, Elizabeth Rand; lived in Rye.
- etc. ...
- V Francis Page, son of Dea. Francis (2), married Jan. 27, 1698, Hannah, daughter of Thomas Nudd (1); settled on the David Marston place, at Little River. Children:
- Sarah, b. Oct. 18, 1698; m. Josiah Batchelder (11); d. 1781.
- Anna, b. Nov. 17, 1700; d. young.
- Meribah, bp. Feb. 2, 1707; m., Feb., 1729, William Locke, of Rye, son of William (5).
- Elisha (12), b. Mar. 3, 1708; m. Meribah Batchelder.
- Josiah, b. July 22, 1709.
- Anna, b. July 26, 1711; m. Reuben Dearborn (18).
- Charity, b. Oct. 13, 1713; d. June 30, 1715.
- Hannah, b. Feb. 17, 1716.
- Mary, bp. Feb. 9, 1718.