Matching family tree profiles for Jane Lane 'Jenny' Bushrod
About Jane Lane 'Jenny' Bushrod
Jane "Jenny" Lane CORBIN
- Birth: 1712 VA
- Father: Col. Gawin CORBIN
- Mother: Jane LANE
20—3. Jane Lane, b. 1710-17; m. Col. John Bushrod, of "Bushfield," Westmoreland Co., Va., who served as a Burgess, 1748-55; son of Hon. John and Anne (Bushrod) Bushrod, gr.-dau. of Hon. John and Hannah (Keene) Bushrod, of Gloucester Co., Va., and of Hon. Thomas Bushrod.
- 21—1. Hannah, m. John Augustine Washington, of Westmoreland Co., Va., son of Augustine and Mary (Ball) Washington, of "Bridges Creek," and had issue. (See Washington and Ball lineage.)
- 21—2. Elizabeth; untraced...
By Jane Corbin John Bushrod had two daughters:
1. Hannah Bushrod m. abt 1760 John Augustine Washington [brother of George Washington] Issue: Bushrod, Corbin, Mildred and Augustine.
2. Catherine Bushrod m. abt 1762 William Taylor d. 1816; WP 1 Apr 1816 Frederick Co. VA. Settled at "Green Hill" Frederick County, near Berryville, which estate remained in the possession of his descendants until after 1870. Issue: 6.
John Bushrod married 2nd to Mildred Washington, daughter of John Washington & Mary Massey; her 4th husband.
- 1. Stella Pickett Hardy. 1911. Colonial Families of the Southern States of America. T.A. Wright, New York, NY (republished 1958, Southern Book Co., Baltimore, MD; republished 1965, Genealogical Publ. Co., Baltimore, MD; online at books.google.com).
- (AFN: 122P-12T) FamilySearch™ Ancestral File v4.19
- Date of death c. 1785 per the Find A Grave Memorial of her spouse.