Matching family tree profiles for Montagu Charles Francis Towneley-Bertie, Lord Norreys
view all 13
About Montagu Charles Francis Towneley-Bertie, Lord Norreys
Montagu Charles Francis Towneley-Bertie, Lord Norreys
- Born on 3 October 1860.
- Son of Montagu Arthur Bertie, 7th Earl of Abingdon and Caroline Theresa Towneley.
- Married Hon. Rose Riversdale Glyn, daughter of Vice-Admiral Hon. Henry Carr Glyn and Rose Mahoney, on 25 July 1885 at Roman Catholic Chapel, Kingston-upon-Thames, London, England.
- Died on 24 September 1919 at age 58, from heart failure.
He was given the name of Montagu Charles Francis Bertie at birth.
- Styled as Lord Norreys between 1884 and 1919.
- In 1896 his name was legally changed to Montagu Charles Francis Towneley-Bertie.
- Captain in the service of the 3rd Reserve Battalion, Princess Charlotte of Wales Berkshire Regiment.
- Captain in the service of the 3rd Battalion, Berkshire Regiment.
- Fought in the Boer War between 1899 and 1902, with the Imperial Yeomanry.
- Justice of the Peace (J.P.) for Oxfordshire.
- Deputy Lieutenant (D.L.) of Berkshire.
- Justice of the Peace (J.P.) for Berkshire.
- Invested as a Knight of Grace, Order of St. John of Jerusalem (K.G.St.J.)
Children of Montagu Charles Francis Towneley-Bertie, Lord Norreys and Hon. Rose Riversdale Glyn
- Lady Alexandra Rose Alice Towneley-Bertie b. 17 Oct 1886, d. 21 Apr 1952
- Montagu Henry Edmund Cecil Towneley-Bertie, 13th Earl of Lindsey b. 2 Nov 1887, d. 11 Sep 1963
Montagu Charles Francis Towneley-Bertie, Lord Norreys's Timeline
October 3, 1860
London, Middlesex, England UK
November 2, 1887
September 24, 1919
Cambridgeshire, England UK