Matching family tree profiles for Morgan ap Jenkin, Lord of Langstone Manor
About Morgan ap Jenkin, Lord of Langstone Manor
styled "of Langston"
maybe also styled "of Pencoyd"
Lord of Langstone Manor _______________________
- Morgan ap Jenkyn1,2,3
- M, #15294, d. circa 1472
- Father Jenkyn ap Philip4,2,3 d. c 1441
- Mother Catherine fil Gwillim Llewelyn2
- Morgan ap Jenkyn married Margred Mathew, daughter of Sir David Mathew and Gwenllian ferch Dafydd; His 2nd marriage.2 Morgan ap Jenkyn married Elizabeth Vaughan, daughter of Sir Roger Vaughan and Gwladys Gam, circa 1428. Morgan ap Jenkyn died circa 1472 at of Langstone, Wales.4
- Family 1 Elizabeth Vaughan b. c 1413
- Cecily verch Morgan+3 b. c 1430
- Sir Thomas Morgan+5 b. c 1443
- Family 2 Margred Mathew
- Margaret Jenkin+6 b. c 1450
- Anne verch Morgan+ b. 1456, d. c 1494
- Sibyl ferch Morgan+4,2 b. c 1462
- 1.[S4065] Unknown author, Wallop Family, p. 566.
- 2.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 478-479.
- 3.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. IV, p. 348-349.
- 4.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 628.
- 5.[S61] Unknown author, Family Group Sheets, Family History Archives, SLC.
- 6.[S11588] Some Early English Pedigrees, by Vernon M. Norr, p. 105.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p509.htm#i15294
- Morgan Ap JENKIN
- Born: ABT 1413, Langstone, Llebenydd, Monmouth, Wales
- Died: 1472
- Father: Jenkin Ap PHILLIP
- Mother: Cicely WELSH
- Married: Elizabeth VAUGHAN (dau. of Sir Roger Vaughan and Gladys Gam)
- 1. Cecily Verch MORGAN
- 2.Thomas MORGAN (Sir Knight)
- 3. Margaret Verch MORGAN
- Married 2: Dau. Verch LLEWELYN
- Married 3: Mary BLUNT
- Married 4: Margred MATHEW (b. ABT 1440) (dau. of David Mathew and Gwenillian Verch Daffyd) (w. of Edmund Malephant) ABT 1459
- Married 5: Jane MATHEW (b. 1430) (dau. of David Mathew and Gwenillian Verch Daffyd) (w. of Thomas Butler) ABT 1461
- 4. Sybil Verch MORGAN
- 5. Tryhain Ap MORGAN
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/MORGAN.htm#Morgan Ap JENKIN1
- The peerage of England. 3 vols. [in 4. Sig. N6,7 of vol. 1, 3B1 of vol. 2 ... By Arthur Collins
- Which Sir JOHN de St. John, (who was Knight of the Bath, 17 Hen. VII.) fucceeded his father in the eftate at Bletfhoe, and married Sibyl, daughter of Morgan ap Jenkyns ap Philip, and had iffue by her three fons; 1. Sir John de St. John, of Bletfshoe, Knt. 2. Sir Oliver St. John, of Sharnbrook in com' Bedford, Knt. who married Mary, daughter of __ Fitz-Jeffry, of Thurleigh in the county of Bedford; and 3. Alexander St. John, of Thorley in com' Hertford, Efq; who married Anne, daughter of George Dalyfon, Efq; and widow of __ Lenthorp. He had
- alfo eight daughters; of whom Catherine was the wife of Sir Griffith Ryce, of Wales, Knt. (fon of Sir Ryce ap Thomas) who lie both buried in the Cathedral at Worcefter, under a tomb erected to their memories; but fhe had a fecond hufband, Sir Peter Edgecombe, anceftor to Lord Edgecombe, and furvived him fome years; 2. Alice, was married to Henry Parker, Lord Marley; 3. Margaret, was wedded to Thomas Gamage, of Coyte-Caftle, in Glamorganfhire, Efq; 4. Elizabeth, to Sir Thomas Rotheram, of Bedfordfhire, Knt. 5. and Sibyll, to Sir Robert Kirkham, of Cotterftock, in Northamptonfhire, Knt. and the reft died unmarried.
- Sir JOHN, his eldeft fon and heir, married Margaret, daughter of Sir William Waldegrave, ....
- Families Directly Descended from All the Royal Families in Europe (495 to ... By Elizabeth M. Leach Rixford
- Sir James Baskerville, son of Sir Walter and Anne (of Morgan ap Philip) Baskerville, m. Elizabeth Breynton, ....
- A genealogical and heraldic history of the commoners of Great Britain and ... By John Burke
- Pg. 91
- SIR WALTER BASKERVILLE, knt. of Erdisley, sheriff of Hereford, 9th of EDWARD IV. who was created a knight of the bath, on the marriage of Prince ARTHUR, in 1501. He m. first, Anne, daughter of Morgan ap Jenkin ap Philip, of Pencoyd, and had issue,
- A genealogical and heraldic history of the extinct and dormant baronetcies ... By John Burke, John Bernard Burke (sir.)
- LLEWELLIN AP IVOR, lord of St. Clere, lineally descended from Kidivor Vawr, lord of Kilsaint, married Angharad, daughter and heir of Sir Morgan Meredith, knt. lord of Tredegar, and was father of
- MORGAN AP LLEWELLIN, lord of St. Clere and Tredegar, who m. Maud, daughter of Rhys ap Gronwy, lord of Kybor, and had two sons, viz.
- CLEWELLYN, of Tredegar, ancestor of the MORGANS of Tredegar.
- The second son,
- PHILIP MORGAN, esq. of Langston, acquired that estate in marriage with the daughter and heir of Sir John Norris, knt. of Penlline Castle. He was direct ancestor* of ....
- *The intervening descent was as follows:
- Philip Morgan, esq. of Langston = Gwenllian, daughter and heir of Sir John Norris, of Penlline Castle, Glamorganshire.
- Jenkin ap Phillip, of Langston = Cicely, daughter of Sir John Welsh, knt.
- Morgan ap Jenkin, (t) of Langston = Elizabeth, daughter of Sir Roger Vaughan.
- Sir Thomas Morgan, knt. of Pencoed = Joan, daughter and heir of John Gwilliam Herbert, of Itton.
- John Morgan, esq. of Caerleon, second son = Ely, daughter of Lewes ap Richard Gwynn, esq. of the Van.
- William Morgan, first of Llantarnam.
- (t) By his third wife, Morgan ap Jenkin had a son, John Morgan, esq. of Tredunnock, in Monmouthshire, ancestor of the MORGANS of TREDUNNOCK, now represented by Mrs. JANE HAWKINS.
- A genealogical and heraldic history of the landed gentry ; or, Commoners of Great Britain and Ireland enjoying territorial possessions or high official rank : but uninvested with heritable honours (1837) Vol. 1
- SIR WALTER BASKERVILLE,who served the office of sheriff of Herefordshire in the 9th of Edward IV. and was made a Knight of the Bath at the marriage of Prince Arthur in 1501. He m. a daughter of Morgan John ap Phillip, of Pencoyd, and dying 4th September, 1508, was s. by his son. ....
- SIR WALTER BASKERVILLE, knt. of Erdisley, sheriff of Hereford, 9th of Edward IV. who was created a knight of the bath, on the marriage of Prince Arthur, in 1501. He m. first, Anne, daughter of Morgan ap Jenkin ap Philip, of Pencoyd, and had issue. ....
- SEEMS TO BE MISSING GENERATIONS BETWEEN IVOR AP BLEDERY & MORGAN AP LLEWELIN WHO IS ALSO LISTED AS HUSBAND OF HIS FATHER'S WIFE ANGHARAND BY OTHER REFERENCES, POSSIBLY OTHER ERRORS
- The History of Monmouthshire By David Williams
- SIR EDWARD MORGAN of Lantarnam, Com. Mon. Baronet. Kydovor Vawr Lord of Kylfant, one of the peers of Wales, of the royal blood of the Britains, paternally defcended from Bely, King of Britain.
- Kydovor Vawr, Lord of Kylfant. = Elen, daughter and heirefs to Llewelen. on of the peers of Wales.
- Bledry, Lord Kalfant. = Clydwen, daughter and heirefs to Griffith ap Hydrych, Lord of Gwenvay.
- Ivor ap Bledery de eodem. = Tangluft, daughter and heirefs to Howel, faid Lord of St. Clere.
- Morgan Llewellin, Lord of St. Clere, and Tredegar. = Angharand, daugher and heirefs of Sir Morgan Meredith, Lord of Tredegar, Knight.
- Philip Morgan of Lanfton, Com. Mon. Efq. a 2nd brother = Daughter and heirefs of Sir John Norris of Langfton, Knight.
- Jenkin Philip of Langfton, Efq. = Cicely, daughter to Sir John Welfh, Knight.
- Morgan Jenkin of Langfton, Efq. = Elizabeth, daughter to Roger Vaughan, Efq.
- Sir Thomas Morgan of Pencoyd, Knt. Com. Mon. = Joan, daughter and heirefs to John Gwiflyn Herbert, of Itton, Efq.
- John Morgan of Caerleon, fecond fon, Efq. = Elizabeth, daughter to Lewes ap Richard Wyn, of the Van. Com. Glamorgan, Efq.
- William Morgan of Lantarnam, Efq. = Elizabeth, daughter to Sir Rees Maunfel, Knight.
- Edward Morgan of Lantarnam, Efq. = Elizabeth daughter and heirefs to Hugh Smith, of Long Afhton, Com. Som. Efq.
- William Morgan of Lantarnam, Efq. = Lady Frances, daughter to Earl of Worcefter.
- Sir Edward Morgan of Lantarnam, Baronet. = Mary, daughter to Sir Frances Englefield, Bart.
- Sir Edward Morgan of Lantarnam, Baronet, now living. = Frances, daughter to Thomas Morgan, of Maughen, Efq.
- Edward Morgan, Efq. Heir-apparent.
The Kemeys line goes all the way back to Charlemagne. Information from Charles James Ragland's 1939 book: The Raglands: A British American Family"
- FamilySearch AFN: 9HJP-73
son and heir He is named in deeds 1448-1472.
Morgan married Elizabeth VAUGHAN, daughter of Sir Roger VAUGHAN of Bredwardine and Gwladus ferch DAFYDD. (Elizabeth VAUGHAN was born about 1413 in Bredwardine, Hay, Herefordshire, England and died before 1462.)
Morgan also married Margred MATHEW. Spouses/Children: 1. Elizabeth VAUGHAN
Elsbeth MORGAN Jonet MORGAN+ Joan MORGAN Cecily MORGAN Sir Thomas MORGAN, Knt.+ 2. Margred MATHEW Margred MORGAN Cecily MORGAN Catrin MORGAN Alice MORGAN Trahaearn MORGAN John MORGAN Mawd MORGAN
Bartrum, Welsh Genealogies 300-1400, vol. 4 p. 201 ______________________
Morgan ap Jenkin, Lord of Langstone Manor's Timeline
Cibwr, Glamorgan, Wales, United Kingdom
Chepstow, Monmouthshire, England, United Kingdom
Bedwelty, Monmouthshire, England, United Kingdom
Probably Langstone, Welsh Marches, England
Carmarthenshire, Wales, United Kingdom
Pencoyd, Monmouthshire, Wales
Pencoyd, Herford Co., England