|Also Known As:||"Moshe Frankel"|
|Birthplace:||Merkine (Merecz), Trakai, Lithuania|
|Death:||(Date and location unknown)|
|Managed by:||Hatte Blejer|
About Movsha Frankel
Date of birth may be 1851 since he is listed in Varena in the household of his brother Leiba (Lev, Leib) in the Trakai Family Lists in 1874/75 as "Movsha, age 24". This would mean that all the children of Abram Frankel are from Abram Frankel's first wife, Leah Rosinsky. See next paragraph. So it's unsure who his mother is, but it was Leah, if he was 24 in 1874/5, since Leah died in 1855.
Son of Abram ben Tsalko ben Leiba ben Efroim Frankel of Ratnycia and his second wife, Enta bat Mowshe. He was apparently named for his mother's father. He was listed as living with his father and was 16 years old in the 1874-1875 Revision List Trakai District (see below).
Information about Abram ben Tsalko Frenkel appears in various Lithuanian Revision Lists:
Ratcynia 1874-1875 Family List, Trakai District Revision List (not yet loaded in JewishGen). He is listed as the head of household, age 57. No wife is listed. The following family members are listed as part of his household:
- Khaika, 27
- Merka, 19
- Sheinka, 14
Sons (and their families):
- Son David, 34 Note: "Lives in Merkine"
- wife: Rokha Feiga, 30
- Children: Khanka, 8; Sorka, 4, Itsko, 12
- Son Tevel, 31 Note: "Lives in Vasilkov"
- wife: Rivka, 26
- Children: Tsalko, 5; Itsko 3
- Son Leiba, 25 Note: "Lives in Varena" (in Varena list, his age is given as 28 in 1874/5)
- wife: Anna, 19
- Child: Leia Roza, 1
- Son Movsha, 16 Note: "Lives in Ratcynia" (lives in Varena in later list, age given as 24 in 1874/5)