|Birthplace:||Barnstable, Cape Cod, Plymouth Colony|
|Death:||Died in Barnstable, Barnstable County, Province of Massachusetts|
Son of Hon. Nathaniel Bacon and Hannah Bacon
|Managed by:||Mark Hinckley Rowland|
Matching family tree profiles for Nathaniel Bacon
About Nathaniel Bacon
- 'Genealogical notes of Barnstable families (1888) Vol. 1
- NATHANIEL BACON.
- To write a genealogical memoir of Nathaniel Bacon and his descendans would require a volume. .... Among the many of the name who came over early, were Nathaniel and Samuel, supposed to be brothers, and Elizabeth, probably a sister, all of whom settled in Barnstable. .....
- Mr. Bacon was a tanner and currier. ....
- It would be instructive and interesting to trace step by step the progress of Mr. Bacon through life. He came to Barnstable a young man, comparatively poor, without friends to assist him, and without the advantages of a good education; but a good moral character, good business habits, energy and industry more than compensated for the want of these advantages. He died Oct. 1673, probably not 60 years of age. His widow survived him many years. She was living in 1691.
- The inventory of his estate, appraised at L632, 10. 2, is dated Oct 29, 1763, sworn to by his widow Mistress Hannah Bacon, ....
- Nathaniel Bacon married Dec. 4. 1642, Miss Hannah, daughter of the Rev. John Mayo, then teacher of the church in Barnstable,
- Children Born in Barnstable.
- I. Hannah, born Sept. 4, 1643, bap'd 8th Dec. 1644. She married Mr. Thomas Walley, Jr., son of Rev. Thomas Walley of Barnstable, and had one son Thomas, who died leaving no issue; and daughters, Hannah, who m. first, Wm Stone, and had two dau's; second, James Leonard, by whom she had Lydia who m. Thomas Cobb; and Elizabeth, who m. Edward Adams, Hannah m. Feb. 16, 1675, her second husband Rev. George Shove of Taunton, and had Mary Aug 11, 1676, Johanna Sept. 28, 1678; Edward Oct. 3, 1680, and Mercy May 1682. She is named as one of the "remote members" of the Barnstable church in 1683. She died in Taunton Sept. 1685, aged 42 years.
- ' II. Nathaniel, bap'd 15th Feb. 1645-6.
- III. Mary, born Aug. 12, 1648, bap'd 20 Aug. 1648.
- IV. Samuel, born Feb. 25, 1650-1.
- V. Elizabeth, born Jan'y 28, 1653-4. She died unmarried in 1676, according to the Plymouth records "in the 28th year of her age." She was only 21, or at most 22 years of age. Her estate was settled by agreement on record.
- VI. Jeremiah, born May 8, 1657.
- VII. Mercy, born Feb. 28, 1659-60, married Hon. John Otis, the third of the name, July 18, 1683. She died
- Dec. 10, 1737 aged 77 years. She was buried at West Barnstable, where a mnument is erected to her memory.-- [See Otis Famly.]
- VIII. John, born June, 1651 the record says, but according to his grave stones in the buring ground near the Meeting House in the East Parish, he was born in June 1665. He "died Aug. 20, 1731, in the 67th year of his age."
- 'Records of the colony of New Plymouth, in New England (1855) Vol. 8
- EASTHAM. [*31.] * The Register of Eastham, of their Beirths, Marriages, & Burialls, as they came to my hand.
- [*47.] *Nathaniel Bacon and Hannah Mayo marryed the 4th of December, 1642
- His daughter Hannah borne the 4 of Septem: 1643.
- ' His son Nathaniell the 5th of February, 1645.
- Mary, the 12th of August, 1648.
- Samuell, the 25th of February, 1650.
- Elizabeth, the 28th of January, 1653.
- Jeremiah, the 8th of May, 1657.
- Mercye, the 8th of February, 1659.
- INDEX TO BIRTHS, MARRIAGES, ETC.
- Hannah, daughter of Nathaniel and Hannah, (Mayo,) Barnstable, 4 September, 1643, 42
- ' Nathaniel, son of Nathaniel and Hannah, (Mayo,) Barnstable, 5 February, 1645, . 42
- Mary, daughter of Nathaniel and Hannah, (Mayo,) Barnstable, 12 August, 1648, . 42
- Samuel, son of Nathaniel and Hannah, (Mayo,) Barnstable, 25 February, 1650. 42
- Elizabeth, daughter of Nathaniel and Hannah, (Mayo,) Barnstable, 28 January, 1653, 42
- Jeremiah, son of Nathaniel and Hannah, (Mayo,) Barnstable, 8 May, 1657, . . 42
- Mercy, daughter of Nathaniel and Hannah, (Mayo,) Barnstable, 8 February, 1659, . 42
Nathaniel Bacon's Timeline
February 5, 1645
Barnstable, Cape Cod, Plymouth Colony
April 11, 1680
Barnstable, Cape Cod, Plymouth Colony
January 20, 1682
Barnstable, (Present Barnstable County), Plymouth Colony (Present Massachusetts), (Present USA)
December 31, 1691
Barnstable, Barnstable County, Province of Massachusetts