Matching family tree profiles for Nathaniel Maverick, of Barbados
About Nathaniel Maverick, of Barbados
- Death: Before Feb 24 1674 - Barbados
- Parents: Samuel Maverick, Amias Cole
- Wife: Unknown
- Children: Moses Maverick, <Private> Drinkwater (born Maverick), Nathaniel Maverick, John Maverick, Samuel Maverick
Nathaniel Maverick was born in 1630 in Massachusetts. After 1656 Nathaniel settled in Barbados full time, where he was a planter and merchant at St. Lucy's.
From Transactions, Volume 21 (Google eBook) Colonial Society of Massachusetts, The Society, 1920 - Massachusetts. Page 57
- Petition of Mary, the wife of Francis Hooke, of Kittery, Maine, "Daughter and Heiresse of Samuel Mavericke, deceased" (Massachusetts Archives, cxxviii. 45; New England Historical and Genealogical Register, viii. 334; Sumner, History of East Boston, p. 107). Mary Maverick married (1) John Palsgrave, February 8, 1655-6, and (2) Francis Hooke, September 20, 1660 (Boston Record Commissioners' Reports, ix. 53, 76). There are several errors in the petition, but there seems to be no reason to doubt the execution of the deed of gift, which is consistent with the fact that, in 1650, Samuel Maverick and his wife, conjointly with their son Nathaniel, conveyed the island to Captain George Briggs of Barbados for 40,000 lbs. of good white sugar (Suffolk Deeds, i. 122-123; Sumner, History of East Boston, p. 178).
- The New England Historical and Genealogical Register page page 157-9 "Genealogical Research in England - Samuel Maverick"