(Nawabzada) Khan Abdel Majid Khan Tarin (1877–1939), Khan-Sahib, OBE, was a prominent magistrate, MLA and philanthropist of the North West Frontier Province of former British India.
He was the son of Sardar Habib Khan Tarin (or Tareen), (c.1829/30-Dec.1888), Nawab Bahadur, Risaldar, CSI, an ex-cavalry officer and a landed jagirdar of Talokar estate in Haripur, Hazara, NWFP.
After qualifying as a Barrister from the Inns of Court, UK, he became a Junior Magistrate in the Punjab service, then a 1st Class Magistrate, Extra Assistant Commissioner and then Deputy Commissioner; he also served briefly as a Judge in the Punjab Sessions Courts and on retiring from service in 1934, he became an early and active member of the NWFP (now Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa in Pakistan) chapter of the All India Muslim League and a close associate of Sir Sahibzada Abdul Qayyum, also serving as a Member of the NWFP Legislative Assembly (1936–1939).
Abdel Majid Khan Tarin was also a very active philanthropist. Apart from his support of the establishment of the Islamia College, Peshawar, and support to various Indian Muslim charities, he played a considerable role in the early development of his native Haripur area in Hazara, NWFP. He founded several charitable schools, set up a public Tuberculosis ward at the Haripur Government Hospital, provided for a system of educational scholarships for local students as well as supporting numerous needy people. This tradition of public service has been carried on by his family.