Historical records matching Norman Campbell Chambers
About Norman Campbell Chambers
- Name: Mr Norman Campbell Chambers
- Born: Sunday 27th April 1884
- Age: 27 years
- Last Residence: in New York City New York United States
- 1st Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 113806 , £53 2s
- Cabin No.: E8
- Rescued (boat 5)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Wednesday 9th February 1966
- Cause of Death: Cerebral Thrombosis
- Buried: Kensico Cemetery Valhalla New York United States
Mr Norman Campbell Chambers was born April 27, 1884 in Olean, Cattaraugus County, New York, the son of James Campbell Chambers and Jeanette Hargleroad. He was first married to Miss Bertha Griggs (1879-1959).
They boarded the Titanic at Southampton as first class passengers (ticket number 113806, £53 2s). They occupied cabin E-8 and were rescued in lifeboat 5.
Norman was an engineer in New York City and worked for a tool company on East 44th Street. He and Bertha had no children.
After Bertha's death, Norman married another New Yorker named Isabel who outlived him. In the winter of 1966 they were vacationing in Cascais, Portugal. It was there in their hotel room that Norman suffered a stroke and died.
- (Courtesy of the Titanic Inquiry Project)
- United States Senate Hearings, 8 May 1912, Testimony
- United States Senate (62nd Congress), Subcommittee Hearings of the Committee on Commerce, Titanic Disaster, Washington 1912
- Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55)
- Phillip Gowan, USA
- Hermann Söldner, Germany
Travelling Companions (on same ticket)
- Mrs Bertha Chambers