|Death:||(Date and location unknown)|
|Managed by:||Sharon Doubell|
About Patrick Buchanan
- Patrick Buchanan, (Guthrie Smith identifies him as 7th Chief and Buchanan of Auchmar identifies him as 14th Chief) married Jonet Cunningham of Galbraith and by her a son (Walter his successor) and a daughter (Anabella). He also had an illegitimate son (Patrick). *http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clan_Buchanan
- ((A)) Walter Buchanan, 11th Buchanan (a 1373)
- BLG1952 and 'Strathendrick' disagree on a number of items over the next few generations. for example: BLG reports that the John Buchanan who married Janet de Lany was the eldest son of Walter, 11th laird, and was himself 12th laird. We follow 'Strathendrick'.
- m. Margaret
- ((i)) Walter Buchanan, 12th of Buchanan
- m1. ??
- m2. Isobel Stewart (dau of Murdoch Stewart, 2nd Duke of Albany)
- BLG1952 reports that Isobel Stewart was mother of Walter's children. However, 'Strathendrick' (which does not identify any daughters) reports: "his children must have been by a former wife."
- ((a)) Patrick Buchanan, 13 of Buchanan (d before 07.1477)
- m. Jonet Conynghame
- ((b)) Walter Buchanan
- ((c)) Thomas Buchanan of Gartincaber, Drummikill and Carbeth (a 1495)
- We follow 'Strathendrick' in identifying this Thomas as ancestor not only of the Buchanans of Carbeth (as agreed by BLG1952) but also as ancester of the Buchanans of Drummikill. BLG1952 shows Thomas, son of Patrick of Buchanan, as the first of the Buchanans of Drummikill.
- ((d)) daughter
- m. ? Gray of Foulis
- Stirnet - Buchanan02
- Patrick Buchanan of that ilk, 13th of Buchanan (d before 07.1477)
- m. Jonet Cunynghame
- Patrick's wife if identified by BLG1962 as the daughter and heiress of Galbraith of Killearn, Balmois, etc.
- 1. Walter Buchanan of that ilk, 14th of Buchanan (d 1526)
- m. (before 26.11.1463) Isabelle Graham (dau of William Graham, 2nd Lord)
- 2. Annabella Buchanan
- m. James Stewart of Baldorrans
- partner unknown
- 3. Patrick Buchanan
- Main sources:
- (1) "Strathendrick and its Inhabitants from Early Times" by John Guthrie Smith, published in Glasgow in 1896
- (2) BLG1952 (Murray-Buchanan of Leny).
- From: Stirnet.com