|Birthplace:||Amelia, Virginia, United States|
|Death:||Died in Sangamon, Illinois, United States|
|Managed by:||Alice Zoe Marie Knapp|
About Philip Crowder
- Daughters of American Revolution Ancestor #: A028258
- Service: VIRGINIA Rank: SERGEANT
- Birth: 7 Apr 1760 AMELIA CO VIRGINIA
- Death: 2 May 1844 SANGAMON CO ILLINOIS
- Service Source: *S30974
- Service Description: 1) ALSO PVT CAPTS SWEPSTON,PETTY,SANDERS, 2) EPERSON,COLS MACHLIN,DICK,SANDERS
An elder brother was drafted for the service, but as he had a family, Philip volunteered to serve in his place.
Mr. Crowder was present at the surrender of Cornwallis.