Matching family tree profiles for Prof. Dr. Rudolf Neurath
About Prof. Dr. Rudolf Neurath
Born Feb. 17, 1869, Num. #5587: FamilySearch.org Austria, Vienna, Jewish Registers of Births, Marriages, and Deaths, 1784-1911, Wien (alle Bezirke),Geburtsbücher/Geburtsbuch D 1867-1870 Apr., Image #122/277.
Birthdate also appears on list of Austrians with bank accounts @ time of Holocaust, www.avotaynu.com/holocaustlist
Marriage: Year [June 22] 1902, Num. #1003, Volume Stadttempel
- Last Name Neurath Dr., First Name Rudolf (b. Feb. 17, 1869)
- Last Name Samek, First Name Hedwig (b. June 26, 1879)
Children born in Vienna:
- 1903 1707 1 Wien Neurath Gustav H. Rudolf Dr./
- 1905 (August 10) Num. #1692 1 Wien Neurath Otto. Rudolf Dr./ (Another Otto Neurath, b. 1882-d. 1945, was the famous philosopher; see on Michael Neurath page.)
- 1907 262 1 Wien Neurath Gerda Rudolf Dr./
- 1909 2098 1 Wien Neurath Hans Rudolf Dr./Samek Hedwig
- Records stop at 1911, genteam.at
From Nitra Hillyer, 10/12/2013: I'm doing a brief bio about Prof Dr Rudolf Neurath. The Dr. Neurath that I'm researching immigrated to the US in 1938. See this link: http://gedenkbuch.univie.ac.at/index.php?id=435&no_cache=1& :
Rudolf Neurath, Date of birth: 17 February 1869
- Faculty: Faculty of Medicine
- Category: displaced teachers
- Rudolf Neurath, born on 17th February 1869 in Vienna, died on 14 October 1948 in New York, USA, was a professor of pediatrics at the Medical Faculty of the University of Vienna. He was persecuted on racial grounds in National Socialism, his Habilitation in 1938 was revoked and he 22 April 1938 removed from office and expelled from the University of Vienna.
- Refs: Měřínský 1980 , 169-170; UB MUV / van Swieten blog
See also Biography of Rudolf Neurath:
Rudolf Neurath studied at the University of Vienna. He was graduated there in 1893 and received his doctorate 1903. Following graduation he spent his hospital service and assistant period at various clinics and from 1894 to 1897 in the Karolinen-Kinderspital and St. Anna-Kinderspital. From 1898 to 1918 he was head of a department of the I. Öffentliches Kinderkrankeninstitut. From 1918 on he was leader of the childrens' ambulatorium of the Wiener Arbeiterkrankenkasse. He was Habilitated for pediatrics at Vienna in 1913, becoming titular professor in 1927. He was also city physician for adolescents. In 1938 he emigrated to New York.
In 1902 Neurath had married Hedda Samek. They had four children: G. Herbert (born 1903), Otto (born 1905) who became physician, eventually in Los Angeles; Gerda (1907) who married Hoffmann; and Hans (1909-2002, Seattle).
Rudolf Neurath's work concerns to a large degree the neurology of child age, the study of puberty, and endocrinology.
And Meduniwien entry for Dr. R. Neurath (which one has the death date correct?)
Prof. Dr. Rudolf Neurath's Timeline
February 17, 1869
July 16, 1903
August 10, 1905
February 12, 1907
Vienna, Vienna, Austria
October 29, 1909
October 14, 1948
New York, NY, USA