About Yaakov Margolios AB"D Eisenstadt
The fact that many forein-born rabbis served in Eisenstadt testifies to the appeal of the community. In 1526 R. Jacob Margaliot became its rabbi: he came from Prague. After him, a series of rabbis from various parts of the Habsburg Empire functioned in Eisenstadt, and at the same time as chief rabbis of the Seven Communities.
The community of Eisenstadt became, from the late seventeenth century on, one of the leading centers of Jewish life in Europe. It was referred to as Little Jerusalem. Source p. 206
The Margolioth dynasty of Rabbis is well documented in the comprehensive compendium
Elef Margolioth Edited by Rabbi Wunder (Hebrew) and is described in THE UNIVERSAL JEWISH ENCYCLOPAEDIA VOL 7 (edited by Isaac Landman; published in 1943 by Universal Jewish Encyclopaedia, Inc.)
Elef Margaliot (Jerusalem 1993, 776 pages) which, although centered on the Margolis family, includes priceless material on all the major rabbinical families of Europe going back to the time of Rashi and before. Library Copies Available