About Ranallt Olafsdottir
Other names for Ragnaillt were Ragnhildir, Radnaillt of Dublin and Ranult of Dublin ingen Olaf.
Section VJ: Descendants of King Olaf Kvaaran David Thaler 18043 NE 132nd St, Redmond WA 98052 Send questions and corrections to: email@example.com
HTML generated by Issue v1.3.6 on 8 Dec. 2008 http://www.armidalesoftware.com/issue/ From Thaler_export.ged Generation One
1. KING OLAF1 KVAARAN of Dublin, Ireland has an unknown birthdate. He married (WN-2) GORMFLIATH OF NAAS, daughter of (WN-1) King Murchad, who died in 1030. Child: + 2 i. KING SIHTRIC2 OF DUBLIN of Dublin; m. (V-5) SLANI. Generation Two
2. KING SIHTRIC2 OF DUBLIN (Olaf KVAARAN1) of Dublin, son of (1) King Olaf1 and (WN-2) Gormfliath (of NAAS) (BORU), was born between 934 and 1031, and died between 948 and 1140. He married (V-5) SLANI, daughter of (V-3) King Brian.  Sihtric of the Silken Beard, King of Dublin AR: (239-2) Child: + 3 i. KING OLAF3 of Dublin; m. (WM-2) MAELCORCRE. Generation Three
3. KING OLAF3 OF DUBLIN (Sihtric2, Olaf KVAARAN1) of Dublin, son of (2) King Sihtric2 and (V-5) Slani, has an unknown birthdate. He married (WM-2) MAELCORCRE, daughter of (WM-1) King Dunlang.  Child: + 4 i. RAGNAILLT4; m. (TO-1) PRINCE CYNAN AP IAGO. Generation Four
4. RAGNAILLT4 (Olaf of DUBLIN3, Sihtric2, Olaf KVAARAN1), daughter of (3) King Olaf3 and (WM-2) Maelcorcre, was born between 1000 and 1041, and died between 1055 and 1151. She married (TO-1) PRINCE CYNAN AP IAGO of North Wales, Wales, United Kingdom.  Child: See (TO-1) Prince Cynan ap IAGO
1. Frederick Lewis Weis, "Ancestral Roots of Certain American Colonists", 7th ed., Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., 1999. 2. Ibid., (239-3). 3. Ibid., (239-4).
Cynan ap Iago b abt 1030. He md Radnaillt of Dublin abt 1053, daughter of Amlaib mac Sitric and Maelcorcre ingen Dunlaing. She was b abt 1038, of Dublin, Ireland.
Child of Cynan ap Iago and Radnaillt of Dublin was:
Gruffydd ap Cynan, King of Gwynedd, b abt 1070, d 1137.
Radnaillt of Dublin1,2
b. circa 1031
Father Amlaíb mac Sitric, rí Gall3,4 b. circa 1010, d. 1034
Mother Máelcorcre Ó Toole3,4,2 b. before 1014
Also called Ragnhilda Ólafsdóttir.5,6 Radnaillt of Dublin was born in 1025.6 She was born circa 1031 at Dublin, Ireland.7 She was the daughter of Amlaíb mac Sitric, rí Gall and Máelcorcre Ó Toole.3,4,2 Radnaillt of Dublin married Cynan ab Iago, Prince of Gwynedd, son of Brenin Gwynedd Iago ab Idwal o Gwynedd and Afandreg verch Gwair of Wales, before 1055.5,6,1
Cynan ab Iago, Prince of Gwynedd b. circa 1014, d. 5 August 1063
Gryffydd ap Cynan, King of Gwynedd+ b. c 1055, d. 11374,8
[S483] Stewart Baldwin, Llywelyn ap Iorwerth's ancestors in "Baldwin-Llywelyn," listserve message Dec 1998.
[S486] Peniarth MS. 17, mid-13th Century unknown repository.
[S206] With additions and corrections by Walter Lee Sheppard, Jr. and assisted by David Faris Frederick Lewis Weis, Weis: AR 7th ed., 239-3.
[S483] Stewart Baldwin, Llywelyn ap Iorwerth's ancestors in "Baldwin-Llywelyn," listserve message Dec 1998, "Although reservations have sometimes been expressed regarding this information, enough of the data from the pedigrees of Radnaillt are verified in Irish sources that I am inclined to regard the information as genuine.".
[S206] With additions and corrections by Walter Lee Sheppard, Jr. and assisted by David Faris Frederick Lewis Weis, Weis: AR 7th ed., 239-4.
[S278] DfAdam, online unknown url, The Line of Ivar the Boneless, 84.
[S493] Seán Duffy, "Irish & Welsh in 11th Century".
sources: GaC = Genealogies from the work generally known as "Hanes Gruffudd ap Cynan" (actually titled "Historia hen Gruffud vab Kenan vab Iago"), of which the earliest manuscript is Peniarth MS. 17 (mid-13th century), in EWGT, pp. 35-37.
Please see Darrell Wolcott's The Consorts and Children of Gruffudd ap Llwelyn , http://www.ancientwalesstudies.org/id210.html, in which he charts this woman as the wife of Cynan ap Idwal, and NOT Cynan ap Iago. (Steve Ferry, December 30, 2016.)
Please see Darrell Wolcott; The Royal Family of Gwynedd - History of Gruffudd ap Cynan/A New Perspective; http://www.ancientwalesstudies.org/id46.html. (Steven Ferry, March 28, 2017.)
Please see Darrell Wolcott: The Royal Family of Gwynedd - The Unofficial "History" of Gruffudd, Nephew of Iago; http://www.ancientwalesstudies.org/id74.html. (Steven Ferry, March 30, 2017.)