About Rebecca Pierce
- Died December 1674 Dorchester, MA 
Rebecca first married Thomas Wheeler, second John Pierce.
- Thomas Wheeler, d. 16 May 1654, Roxbury, MA
- 10 August 1654 in Boston, MA  John Peirce, b. about 1617, Bristol, England , d. 17 September 1661, Dorchester, MA (Age ~ 44 years)
Children of 1st husband include
- 1. Rebecca Wheeler, b. 17 June 1643, d. 16 May 1675, Roxbury, MA (Age 31 years). Married John Curtis
- Pearce genealogy: being the record of the posterity of Richard Pearce, an ... By Frederick Clifton Pierce
- Pg. 38
- Richard20 Pearce, Jr., (Richard19) b. 1590; m. in England Martha ___. He resided in Bristol, England, and came to America in the ship "Lyons" from that place. His brother, Capt. William Pearce, was master of the ship.
- Pg. 40.
- 2. JOHN21 PEARCE (Richard20, Richard19) b. in Bristol, England, probably; m. Mary ___ in England. she d. in Boston, July 12, 1647; m. 2nd, Aug. 10, 1654, Mrs. Rebecca Wheeler. she res. in Dorchester, Mass., and died Dec. 1674. He d. Sept. 17. 1661.
- P. 427, L. 42. *JOHN, Dorchester: Savage has here confounded two persons of the same name, rightly distinguished in the Hist. Dorch. p. 71. His note (p. 659) admits an uncertainty but does not correct the error of the text.
- 1. John Dorchester, cooper, had by his w. Mary, Nehemiah, b. 17 Jan. 1631/2, and Mary, b. 6 Mar. 1639/9 (Gen. Reg., Vol. V. p. 244); sold house and land in Dorch., 28 Dec. 1642, to Richard Curtis, his w. not signing (Suff. Deeds, L. 2, F. 151) and prob rem. to Boston. This is clearly the John who m. Rebecca Wheeler, 10 Aug. 1654, and d. 17 Sept. 1661, and his s. Samuel seems to me to have been b. in Boston 14 Jan. 1659/60 (Savage, p. 429, l. 6). His will (Suff Prob., no. 276. ) mentions estate "at Boston or Dorchester," gives to Nehemiah the testator's "working tools," and provides for the education of Samuel, whom Savage rightly, as I think, judges to be younger than N. Mercy P., who m. Mannasses Marston at Chalestown, 22 Aug., 1667 (Charlestown Records), seems to have been the dau. of this John (Suff. Deeds, L. 15, F. 160); but she cannot have been the dau. of Rebecca. Administration on the est. of Rebecca P. was granted to her s., Joseph Wheeler, 21 Dec., 1674. (Suff. Prob. no 713, L. 5, F. 220.) See also Suff. Deeds, L. 3., F. 190.
- I am disposed to identify this John with the John Pears whose names stands seventeenth in the list of inhabitants of
- Pg. 41
- Dorchester in 1641 (Hist. Dorch., p. 424), and who ....
- 6. i. NEHEMIAH, b. Jan. 17, 1631; m. Phebe Planting and Mrs. Anna Mosley.
- ii. MARY, b. Mar. 6, 1638; d. bef. 1661.
- 7. iii. SAMUEL, b. m. Mary ___.
- Pg. 42
- iv. MERCY, b. m. Aug 22, 1667 Manassah Marston, son of John and Sarah of Salem. The father came from Ormsby, Norfolk county, England, in 1637. Mercy was living in 1716. He was b. Sept. 7, 1645; d. 1705. ....
- v. MEHITABLE, b. m. Jeremiah Rogers. ....
- vi. EXERCISE.
- vii. MARY. She was unm. in 1661.
- Pierce genealogy : being the record of the posterity of Thomas Pierce, an early inhabitant of Charlestown, and afterwards Charlestown village (Woburn), in New England, with wills, inventories, biographical sketches, etc. (1882)
- A GENEALOGICAL DICTIONARY
- John, Dorchester, mariner, came from Stepney, Middsx. Co., Eng, by wf. Parnell had Joseph, b. Sept. 30, 1631 ; Abigail, b. July 17, 1633 ; John, b. March 3, 1634, d. March 30, 1634; Nehemiah, b. July 12, 1637, d. Sept., 1639. His wf. Parnell d. Sept., 1639.
- John, Dorchester, adm. freeman 1631, selectman 1633-6-41, prop, of lands, 1656, Rep. Mar., 1639, rev. to Boston, 1642; his first wife Mary d. July 12, 1647, and he m. then, Aug. 10, 1654, Rebecca Wheeler, wid. of Thomas Wheeler. Ch. Nehemiah ; Samuel ; Mehitable ; Mary ; Marcy ; and Exercise. He was a cooper and d. Sept. 17, 1651. See Hist. Dorchester, p. 71. Savage has these two last Johns confounded.
- Nehemiah, Boston, cooper, 1661; art. Co. 1671; m. 1684, Ann, Wid. of Samuel Mosely, eldest dau. of Isaac Addington and d. 1691. Admr. was giv. Apr. 28 of this yr. to his wid.
ACCORDING TO OTHER REFERENCES JOHN PEARCE MARRIED 1ST MARY, 2ND REBECCA (WID. WHEELER), THAT HE DID NOT MARRY PARNELL AND TWO JOHN'S HAVE BEEN CONFOUNDED.
- The Pioneers of Massachusetts, a Descriptive List, Drawn from Records of the ... By Charles Henry Pope
- Pg. 360
- PIERCE, PEARCE, PEARS, PEARSE, PEIRCE, PIERS,
- John, cooper, Dorchester, propr., frm. May 18, 1631. Town officer. Rem. to boston. Sold Dorch. property 28 (12) 1642. Adm. inhab. Bo. 28 (12) 1641. Wife Parnell d. (8) 1639; he m.2, Mary __; she d., and he m.3, 10 (6) 1654, Rebecca Wheeler, widow, of Boston. Ch. Joseph b. 30 (8) 1631, Abigail b. 17 (5) 1633, John b. 3 (1) 1634-5, Nehemiah b. 1637, d. 1639, Mary b. 6 (1) 1640, Nehemiah b. 17 (11) 1641.
- Will prob. Oct. 11, 1661; wife Rebe son Samuel and Nehemiah, daus. M Mercy and Exercise. Est. at Bo. and Do [Reg. X, 359.)
according to americanancestors.com vital records Rebecca who married john pearce was his 3rd wife and was a widow of thomas wheeler. John Pearce was her 2nd husband.Thus her maiden name was not Wheeler.
John PIERCE, PEARCE Boston, MA: Inhabitants and Estates of the Town of Boston, 1630-1822 (Thwing Collection) Genealogies, Biographies, Heraldry, and Local Histories Marriage 16541654 Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts, United States
Volume: Boston, 1630-1822, Page(s): 14685 Spouse: Rebecca [____] Wheeler married by Cap. Humphry Atherton.
Not a known child of Thomas Wheeler died 1654. Disconnected June 2014
- Boston, MA: Inhabitants and Estates of the Town of Boston, 1630-1822 (Thwing Collection). Inhabitants and Estates of the Town of Boston, 1630–1800 and The Crooked and Narrow Streets of Boston, 1630–1822. CD-ROM. Boston, Mass.: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2001. (Online database. AmericanAncestors.org. New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2014.)
- page 166 of The New England Historical and Genealogical Register, Volume 45; Volume 51. "John Curtis of Roxbury, Mass. and his family."
- Frederick C. Pierce, (1888, Rockford, IL).
Rebecca Pierce's Timeline
Bristol, Somerset, England
September 22, 1622
St Botolph Without Aldgate, London, London, England
October 20, 1637
May 15, 1640
June 17, 1643
Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts Bay Colony
Dorchester, Suffolk County, Massachusetts
September 10, 1998
October 9, 1999