Rebecca Reynolds (Seymour)
|Birthplace:||Norwalk, Connecticut Colony|
|Death:||Died in Bristol, Bucks County, Province of Pennsylvania|
|Managed by:||Private User|
About Rebecca Reynolds (Seymour)
Rebecca Seymour was born on January 8, 1662, in Norwalk, Connecticul. She married Jonathan Reynolds on December 7, 1682, in her hometown. They had one child during their marriage. She died in 1730 in Bristol, Pennsylvania, at the age of 67.
Note: date of death might be 1711.
- Genealogy of the descendants of Richard Seymour, from the first settlement of Hartford, Conn. in 1635 (1880)
- RICHARD SEYMOUR.— One of the original settlers of Hartford, Ct., and as such his name appears on a monument erected in 1837 to the memory of the forefathers of the city in the ancient burying ground. His house was on Burr St. He probably came with Mr. Hooker's congregation from Chelmsford, Essex County, England. The history of this embryo republic (Mr. H's congregation) is given in Mr. Trumbull's History of Connecticut. They first settled in Cambridge, Mass., but thinking to better themselves, removed to Hartford in 1639. He went from there to Norwalk in 1653 and died in 1655.
- He left four sons :
- Thomas, John, Zachariah, Richard.
- SECOND GENERATION.
- THOMAS married H. Marvin in 1653. His children were:
- Hannah, Mary, Thomas, Mathew, Abigail, Sarah, Mercy, Elizabeth, Rebecca.
- JOHN married M. Watson, lived in Hartford, on the south side of Little River. He died in 1713. His age is not known, but his will, dated in 1712, which is preserved in the Probate office, speaks of his being advanced in life. His children were:
- John, Margaret, Richard, Zachary, Mary, Thomas, Jonathan, Nathaniel.
- ZACHARIAH married and had four children whose names are not given.
- RICHARD married and had three sons:
- Samuel, Richard, John.
- THIRD GENERATION.
- JOHN married E. Webster in 1643. Their children were:
- John, Jonathan, Zebulon, Daniel, Nathaniel, Moses, Timothy, Susanna, Richard, Elizabeth, Margaret.
- MARY and MARGARET not given.
- THOMAS married R. Norton, and after her death M. Waters. Their children were:
- Mary, Thomas, Sarah, Jerusha, Ruth, Basil, Alice.
- RICHARD married M. Wilson. No children given.
- JONATHAN ____.
- ZACHARY married H. Olmstead.
- NATHANIEL married and had three children:
- Hannah, Zachariah, Rebecca.
- RENALS, Jonathan
- Marriage: 13 APR 1704
- Spouse: SEYMOUR, Rebecca
- b. JAN 1675/6 Norwalk, Fairfield, CT.
- Father: SEYMOUR, Thomas
- Mother: MARVIN, Hannah
- From: http://www.genealogyofnewengland.com/f_159.htm#223
Rebecca Reynolds (Seymour)'s Timeline
January 8, 1662
Norwalk, Connecticut Colony
February 12, 1694
Greenwich, Fairfield County, Connecticut, United States
Bristol, Bucks County, Province of Pennsylvania
November 18, 1930
November 21, 1930
May 10, 1943