|Birthplace:||Westbrook, Middlesex, Connecticut Colony|
|Death:||Died in Westbrook, Middlesex County, Connecticut, United States|
|Place of Burial:||Westbrook, Middlesex County, Connecticut, United States|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Reuben Bushnell
About Reuben Bushnell
Defender of Fort Griswold
Reuben Bushnell was a soldier in the Rev. War, 1781-1783, and received a bounty of £30 from the town of Saybrook for his service (R-48). He was captured by the British during Arnold's attack on New London, 6 Sept. 1781, and carried off as a prisoner. On 17 Nov. 1771, they owned the covenant in the 3rd Cong. Church at Westbrook, Conn. (R-33). In the dist. of his est. in 1803, there is mentioned, sons Reuben , Stephen, Calvin and Elirda, and daus. Clara, Marta, and Maria. His family in 1790 as shown by the census was 2 males over 16, 2 males under 16, and 4 females.
134. Reuben, b. abt. 1743, d. Westbrook, Conn. 24 July 1802, (R-47) m. abt. 1770, Martha Jones, b. abt. 1744, d. Westbrook, Conn. 11 Sept. 1802, dau. of Daniel Jones.
286. i. Clarissa, bapt. 17 Nov. 1771, m. 9 Jan. 1800, John Chapman, b. abt. 1766, son of Phineas and Mary (Hillier) Chapman. They removed to Sullivan, N.Y. abt. 1832, and resided near her brother Reuben on a farm known as the Lot Wood place. She joined the lst Cong. ch. there on 6 July 1832, and after the death of her husband, removed to Lakeport, N.Y. Children, 8...
287*. ii. Reuben, b. 2 May 1773,
288. iii. infant, bapt. and d. 22 Oct. 1775,
289. iv. Martha, bapt. 20 July 1777,
290*. v. Stephen, b. abt. 1779,
291*. vi. Calvin, b. 29 Apr. 1781,
292. vii. Martia, bapt. 18 Mar. 1783,
293*. viii. Elirda, b. 26 May 1787.
-- From the Bushnell Family Genealogy compiled by George Eleazer Bushnell, revised and maintained by Irving E. Bushnell Jr. at http://www.bushnellfam.com