Matching family tree profiles for Richard Blow, Sr
About Richard Blow, Sr
PEDIGREE RESOURCE FILE
Richard Blow’s wife is given in several deeds as Elizabeth. According to an 1898 autobiographical statement of a great-great-grandson, his wife was Elizabeth Rives Ruffin.40
He evidently married shortly before 1710, as his two eldest sons seem to have been born about then.
From American Ancestry: Embracing lineages from the whole of the United States. 1888[-1898. Ed. by Frank Munsell (Google eBook) J. Munsell's sons, 1898 - Albany (N.Y.). Page 69:
Richard Blow of Sussex co. Va., b. in Southampton 00. Va. 1685, d. in Sussex co. Va. 1761, planter, magistrate Sussex co., vestryman of original Albarmarle parish.
Son of George Blow of Surry co. Va. b. there 1664, d. there 1717, planter (m. prior to 1675 Elizabeth); son of George of Surry co. Va., d. there 1675, planter, patented large tracts of land, imported many indented white servants (m. Margery, had Richard and George as above); prob. son of John Blow, b. in England 1583, came to Va. in the ship "Star" 1610, was called Ancient Planter, owned lands on the eastern shore Va., and James River (m. Frances).
- Elizabeth, dau. of Robert and Elizabeth [Wat Rives] Ruffin and gr.-dau. of William Ruffin of Isle of Wight co. Va. 1666,
she, Elizabeth Ruffin Blow had sons ...
- Samuel as above,
- Henry and
who were members of the last house of Burgess of Va. colony and of the committee of safety.
- Birth: 1685 in Surry Co., Va. 2 3
- Death: FEB 1762 in Sussex Co., Va. 2 3
- Father: George BLOW , Jr. b: 1664 in James City County, Va.
- Mother: Elizabeth BARROW b: ABT. 1654 in Va
- Elizabeth RUFFIN b: ABT. 1688 in Surry Co., Va. Daughter of Robert Ruffin & Elizabeth Prime.
- Richard BLOW b: ABT. 1707 in Surry Co., Va.
- Samuel BLOW b: ABT. 1710 in Surry Co., Va.
- Ann (Sarah) BLOW b: ABT. 1713 in Surry Co., Va. Married Blount
- John BLOW b: ABT. 1715 in Surry Co., Va.
- Mary BLOW b: ABT. 1718 in Surry Co., Va.
- Michael BLOW b: ABT. 1722 in Surry Co., Va.
- Elizabeth BLOW b: ABT. 1725 in Surry Co., Va. Married Micajah Edwards
- Jane BLOW b: ABT. 1727 in Surry Co., Va.
- Rebecca BLOW b: ABT. 1730 in Surry Co., Va.
- Henry BLOW b: ABT. 1732 in Surry Co., Va.
From page 82 of The William and Mary Quarterly, Volume 15 By Earl Gregg Swem
9 Micajah4 Edwards (William,3 William,2 William,1) received through his father's will land on the south side of the Black water swamp in Nottoway Parish, and his own will was proved in Southampton County, Dec. 13, 1770. He married Elizabeth, daughter of Richard Blow, of Sussex County, who died in 1762, and his will names children 16 William (under age), 17 Micajah, 18 Richard, 19 Benjamin, 20 Mary, married Butts, 21 Lucy, 22 Elizabeth, 23 Ann, and 24 daughter not yet baptized. He made his wife, Elizabeth, Benjamin Blunt and Thomas Blow executors.
Richard Blow, Sr's Timeline
Surry, Virginia, United States
Surry County, Virginia, United States
Surry, Surry County, Virginia, United States
Surry County, Virginia
Surrey, Virginia, United States