|Also Known As:||"Richard "the cordwinder" Curtis"|
|Birthplace:||of, Thatcham, Berkshire, England|
|Death:||Died in Wallingford, New Haven County, Connecticut Colony|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Richard Curtis, of Dorchester
About Richard Curtis, of Dorchester
From Genealogy of the Curtiss Family:
- b. in England, 1610.
- Settled in Dorchester, Mass, in 1642;
- m. Elizabeth. She d. May 28, 1657.
- m. 2d. Sarah, Sept. 25, 1657.
- He was a shoemaker.
- In 1678, he removed to Wallingford, Conn.,
- where he died Sept. 17, 1681.
- His descendants are found in Wallingford, New Haven, Watertown, and Farmington, Connecticut.
They had children:
- (With Elizabeth)
- 1. Elizabeth, b. Dorchester, Mass, July 17, 1643
- (With Sarah)
- 1. Isaac, b. Dorchester, Mass, June 17, 1658; m. Sarah, dau. of Robert and Sarah Foote, of Bradford, Conn., Aug. 13, 1682. He died in Wallingford, Conn. July 15, 1712.
- 2. Joseph, b. Dorchester, Mass. Sept. 4, 1661.
- A genealogy of the Curtiss family: being a record of the descendants of widow Elizabeth Curtiss, who settled in Stratford, Conn., 1639-1640 by Frederic Haines Curtiss. Published 1903 by Rockwell and Churchill Press in Boston . Written in English. Page 38.
- The pioneers of Massachusetts a descriptive list, drawn from records of the colonies, towns and churches and other contemporaneous documents. By Charles Henry Pope ...Published 1900 by C.H. Pope in Boston . Written in English. Page 129.
view all 13
Richard Curtis, of Dorchester's Timeline
Thatcham, Berkshire, England
May 21, 1615
Thatchem, Berkshire , England
July 17, 1643
June 17, 1658
Dorchester, Suffolk County, Massachusetts
September 4, 1661
Dorchester, Suffolk County, Massachusetts Bay Colony
September 17, 1681
Wallingford, New Haven County, Connecticut Colony
April 21, 1960