Matching family tree profiles for Richard Sherburne, of Stoneyhurst
About Richard Sherburne, of Stoneyhurst
Richard Sherburne, of Stonyhurst
- Birth: about 1493 in Stonyhurst, Clitheroe, Lancashire, England
- Death: Before 1440 of Stonyhurst, Clitheroe, Lancaster, England.
- Parents: Richard Bayley Sherburne, Agnes Harrington
- Wife: Alice Hamerton
He died before his father.
From Some Descendants of the SHERBURNE family related to George Washington, 1st US President. 5th generation:
- Alice 'Maud' HAMERTON daughter of Lawrence HAMERTON and Isabel TEMPEST, about 1412 in Married by contract w children later. Alice was born circa 1403 in Hamerton Hall, Slaidburn, West Riding, Yorkshire, England and died of Stonyhurst, Clitheroe, Lancaster, England.
Children from this marriage were:
- 16. i. Agnes SHERBURNE was born circa 1422 in Stonyhurst, Clitheroe, Lancaster, England and died of Clayton, Clayton le Moors, Lancashire, England.
- 17. ii. Isabel SHERBURNE was born circa 1428 in Stonyhurst, Clitheroe, Lancaster, England and died before 1462 of Towneley Hall, Lancastershire, England.
- 18. iii. Robert SHERBURNE was born circa 1425 in Stonyhurst, Clitheroe, Lancaster, England and died 29 Aug 1492 of Stonyhurst, Clitheroe, Lancaster, England at age 67.
5th generation. He was the son of Richard 'De Bayley' SHERBURNE Esq 4, who was the son of Margaret SHERBURNE Heiress of Stonyhurst 3, who was the daughter of Richard DE Knight ((Sir)) 2, who was the son of John DE M.P., Knight ((Sir)) 1)
- 5. Roberts, Gary Boyd, Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States, (Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc.; Baltimore MD; 2006 (2nd Edition); 861 pages. Includes a 50 page Addedum with additions and corrections from the 2004 First Edition.), Page 416.
- 68. Weber, Jim (email@example.com), The Phillips, Weber, Kirk, & Staggs families of the Pacific Northwest, (Extracted from Jim Weber's ancestry.com (also rootsweb.com) tree, db=jweber, oftentimes with his notes and citations. His tree contains essentially all CP entries plus many other medieval royalty and gentry, and contains excellent documentation (or explanations) for almost all his entries. Not the definitive reference, but of great value when searching for leads and probable linkages oftentimes not shown elsewhere. The index page to all his 39,000+ names on rootsweb is <<http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=SHOW&db=jweber>>.)
- 489. Foster, Joseph (Compiled by) and Authenticated by the Members of Each Family, Pedigrees of the County Families of Yorkshire, West Riding and North & East Riding, (W. Wilfred Head, London, 1874, Vols. I-IV, West Riding and North & East Riding, W. Wilfred Head, London, 1874, Vol. I, West Riding, A-L and Vol. II, M-Z.), Pedigree for Tempest.
- 498. Sherborn, Charles Davies, A history of the family of Sherborn, (London. Mitchell and Hughes. 1901. Also available online at the Ancestry.com website as a Family & Local History selection, found at http://content.ancestry.com/Browse/BookView.aspx?dbid=23572&iid=dvm_GenMono005841-00008-0), Pages 14-17.
Richard Sherburne, of Stoneyhurst's Timeline
Clitheroe, Lancashire , England
Stoneyhurst, Lancashire, England
Barnside, Lancashire, England
Stonyhurst, Lancashire, England, (Present UK)
May 25, 1440
Clitheroe, Lancashire , England