Richard Wood, Sr.
|Death:||Died in Sowerby,Halifax,Yorkshire,England|
|Managed by:||Paul Douglas Van Dillen|
Matching family tree profiles for Richard Wood, of Sowerby
About Richard Wood, of Sowerby
- b. 1484 Sowerby Yorkshire UK
- d. 18 Mar 1552 Sowerby Yorkshire UK
- m. Not Found2, Christabel 1508
About Wood, Richard, Sr
This Richard Wood was a handloom weaver of woollen goods.
March 14 1552 Richard Woode of Souerbye in the countie of Yorke,clother.I ordayne and make Christabell my wif,and Margaret,Anges,Thomas,and Rycharde,my children,myne executors to resayve suche thinges as be owynge to me and also to paye my dettes,whiche dettes beyonge paid,Igiue the residue of all my goodes to my said wif and children;and that this my will maye the better be accompleshed I desire my brother John Wood,and Thomas Fournes to be ouersears of the same.Thes wittenesses,John Woode,Edmunde Wood,Sir John Hilton,preist.Pr.Jul.8.1553,by Xpabell.mrelict,Margaret and Agnes,daughters,power being reserved to Thomas and Richard,children." (Sourse:Halifax Parish Wills P, 82.Note the will has been copied with the spelling as found in the original soure.)
Richard Wood (1480-1553) married Christable. He and his younger brothers John and Edmund were cloth weavers in Sowerby, Halifax, Yorkshire, "on the bleak, treeless moorlands of the Pennine Hills, where fertile soil was at a minimum."
- Margaret Wood (c.1509) Halifax Married Married Edmund FYRTH?.
- Agnes Wood (c.1511) Halifax Married on May 15, 1547 to John HEBBILGWETT.
- Thomas Wood (c.1513)
- Richard Wood (c1515) married Margaret Annes Ambler
- The information presented here is condensed from various interenet resources, the most detailed of which refer to Matthew WOOD's "English Origins of the Mitchell, Wood, Lum and Halstead Families" (NYG&B Record, Jan-Oct 1989 and Apr 1990) and his "Jonas Wood 'Halifax' of Huntington, Long Island" (NYG&B Record, Apr 1992-Jul 1993).
Richard Wood, of Sowerby's Timeline
Sowerby, Halifax Parish, Yorkshire, England
July 8, 1553