Robert Ware, III
|Birthplace:||Dedham, Norfolk, Massachusetts|
|Death:||Died in Wrentham, Suffolk, Massachusetts|
Son of Robert Ware, Jr.; Margaret Hunting and Margaret Ware
|Managed by:||Christian Aaron PERKS|
Matching family tree profiles for Robert Ware, III
About Robert Ware, III
- Robert Ware, Jr
- Birth: Aug. 1, 1653 Dedham, Norfolk County, Massachusetts, USA
- Death: Sep. 16, 1724 Wrentham, Norfolk County, Massachusetts, USA
- Robert Ware, Jr., s. of Robert Ware, Sr. and Margaret Hunting, b. Aug. 1, 1653 of record at Dedham, Mass. He d. of record Sept. 16, 1724 at Wrentam, Mass., "in his 72nd year. That is, on the day Robert d. he was 71 years old and Ætatis (Æ, "Aged," in the XX year of his Age) 72.
- As referenced by the gravestone photo shown with this memorial, Elias Ware, Jr. (Elias,5 Timothy,4 Robert,3-1), b. Feb. 19, 1782 at Wrentham, apparently commissioned the refacing of an existing gravestsone in or after 1821 as well as its physical repair. This gravestone has caused considerable consternation as there is no record of a Robert in the Ware family that died in 1727. On the other hand, the death of three Robert Wares are sequentially recorded in the printed Wrentham vital records, compiled and published by the NEHGS in 1910:
- • Robert Ware Sr., d. Sept. 16, 1724, in his 72d y.
- • Robert Ware, d. ____, 1727. G.R.1.
- • Robert Ware, d. Jan. 9, 1731-2, (in his 52d y., G.R.1.).
- Robert Ware, Jr. (Robert,1) is called in the above list as Robert Ware, Sr. since at his death he was the eldest Robert Ware residing at Wrentham. The record of his death likely was entered in the town record soon after his death and erection of his gravestone. The third listed Robert Ware is Robert Ware, 3rd (Robert,2-1). Then who is the 2nd listed Robert Ware? Ans.: one and the same as the first cited Robert Ware whose gravestone was repaired and resurfaced with the wrong year of death.
- By refacing the original gravestone of Robert Ware, Jr., with a bogus inscription, Elias Ware eliminated any knowledge of its original existence when the Wrentham vital records were compiled. And, Elias obviously did not consult the Wrentham town records for vital details. Further, the new inscription also includes data that applies only to Robert Ware, 3rd, who has a separate untouched original gravestone in the immediate vicinity.
- Robert Ware, Jr. was twice married. On June 4, 1677 at Dedham, Mass., he m. 1) Sarah Metcalf, dau. of Michael Metcalf, Jr. and Mary Fairbanks, b. Dec. 7, 1648 of record at Dedham. She d. Apr. 13, 1717 at Wrentham, Æ 69, and was the mother of Robert's eight known children. The first child was b. of record at Dedham, the rest at Wrentham:
- • i. Ebenezer Ware, b. Mar. 15, 1677/8 at Dedham, d. Apr. 26, 1750 at Wrentham; m. on an unknown date and place, Bethiah, whose maiden name remains unknown. She d. Jan. 6, 1762 at Wrenthan, Æ 81 (g.s.). Eight children of the family at Wrentham.
- • ii. Robert Ware, 3rd, b. Dec. 6, 1680 at Wrentam, d. Jan. 9, 1731/2 at Wrentham; m. Mar. 1, 1710/11 at Wrentham, Elizabeth Wight, dau. of Jonathan Wight and Elizabeth Haws, b. June 28, 1692 at Wrentham. She d. Sept. 3, 1769 at Wrentham. Ten children of the family.
- • iii. Michael Ware, b. June 11, 1683, d. Sept. 21, 1725 at Wrentham; m. Dec. 4, 1707 at Wrentham, Jean Wight, older sister of the wife of Michael's brother Robert, b. Sept. 6, 1688 at Wrentham. Nine children of the family. The widow Jean subsequently m. either John Fairbanks in 1729 or Ens. Daniel Haws in 1734.
- • iv. Margaret Ware, b. June 6, 1685, d. Nov. 4, 1761 at Attleboro, Mass.; m. Dec. 7, 1704 at Roxbury, Mass., Maj. John Foster, Jr., s. John Foster and Mary Stuard, b. Nov. 15, 1680 at Salem, Mass. He d. Dec. 24, 1759 at Attleboro, Mass. Thirteen children of the family.
- • v. Jonathan Ware, b. Feb. 28, 1686/7, d. Apr. 20, 1740 at Wrentham; m. Jan. 13, 1731/2 at Wrentham, Meletiah Fisher, dau. of Ebenezer Fisher and Abigail Ellis, b. Oct. 6, 1705 at Wrentham. Three children of the family. Meletiah subsequently m. 2) Benjamin Ware, and 3) Ephraim Leonard.
- • vi. Sarah Ware, b. Mar. 4, 1689/90, d. Aug. 5, 1729 at Wrentham; m. Jan. 6, 1721/2 at Wrentham as the 1st of his three wives, Dea. Francis Nicholson. One known child of the marriage, who d. in infancy the same month as Sarah.
- • vii. Esther Ware, b. May 7, 1693, d. Sept. 14, 1775 at Wrentham; m. Dec. 17, 1718 at Wrentham, Dea. Hezekiah Hawes, s. Daniel Hawes and Abigail Gay, b. Nov. 22, 1688 at Wrentham. He d. July 2, 1777 at Wrentham. Six children of the family.
- • viii. Elizabeth Ware, b. Sept. 30, 1697, d. bef. Aug. 28, 1724.
- On Feb. 26, 1719/20 at Wrentham, Robert m. 2) Elizabeth Holbrook of Mendon, Mass. She d. at Wrentham July 28, 1723. There were no children of the marriage.
- Family links:
- Robert Ware (1611 - 1699)
- Margaret Hunting Ware (1628 - 1670)
- Sarah Metcalf Ware (1648 - 1717)
- Robert Ware (1680 - 1732)*
- Margaret Ware Foster (1685 - 1761)*
- John Ware (1646 - 1718)*
- Nathaniel Ware (1648 - 1724)*
- Robert Ware (1653 - 1724)
- Esther Ware Man (1655 - 1734)*
- Mr. Robert Ware
- Died 1727 [sic]
- Married in 1709 [sic] had
- 7 Sons & 2 Daughters
- his Pofterity to 1821. 507
- Erected by Elias Ware
- Grandfon of the Deceas.d
- This inscription, as written, is completely bogus. See bio.
- Burial: Wrentham Center Cemetery, Wrentham, Norfolk County, Massachusetts, USA
- Find A Grave Memorial# 64232231
- From: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=64232231
- A Genealogical Dictionary of the First Settlers of New England: Showing Three Generations of ... Vol. III. by James Savage, ....
- METCALF, frequently MEDCALF in early rec. .... etc.
- .... MICHAEL, Dedham, eldest s. of the preced. b. in Eng. m. 2 or 12 Apr. 1644, Mary, d. of John Fairbanks, says the Metcalf geneal. bef. rnent but perhaps by mistake, had Michael, b. 21 Jan. 1645; Mary, 15 Aug. 1646; Sarah, 7 Dec 1648 ; Jonathan, 21 Sept 1650; and Eleazer, 20 Mar. 1653, bef. ment. was freem. 1645, and d. (ten yrs. bef. his f.) 24 Dec. 1654. Mary m. 10 Dec. 1668, John Ware; and Sarah m. 4 June 1677, Robert Ware. .... etc.
- The Wights: A Record of Thomas Wight of Dedham and Medfield and of His ... By William Ward Wight
- .... etc.
- 1. MICHAEL METCALF (August 29, 1620-December 24 1654), of Dedham, married April 2, 1644, Mary Fairbanks(36, Note), of Dedham. Their daughter Mary, born August 15, 1646, married, December 10, 1668, John Ware (153, Note 1), of Dedham. Another daughter Sarah, born December 7, 1648, married June 4, 1677, Robert Ware (153, Note 1), of Wrentham. .... etc.
- A History of the Town of Franklin, Mass: From Its Settlement to the ... By Mortimer Blake
- THE METCALF FAMILY.
- This numerous family has been traced by Dr. J. G. Metcalf of Mendon, to REV. LEONARD METCALFE, rector of Tatterford, England, born 1545, through his son Michael, who fled from the persecutions of Bishop Wren, and settled in Dedham with his wife and nine children in 1637. Michael, his oldest son, had five children, of whom four, at least, settled in Wrentham, viz. : Mary, married John Ware; Sarah, married Robert Ware; Jonathan, and 1, Eleazer.
- .... etc.
Robert Ware, III's Timeline
August 1, 1653
Dedham, Norfolk, Massachusetts
March 15, 1677
March 15, 1677
December 6, 1680
June 6, 1685
Wrentham Village, Norfolk, Massachusetts, United States
February 28, 1686
May 7, 1693
Wrentham, Suffolk County, Province of Massachusetts