view all 30
About Sir Robert de Ros
- Sir Robert Roos, Keeper of Rockingham Castle, Chamberlain & Customer of Berwick-on-Tweed1,2,3,4,5
- M, #111478, d. 30 December 1448
- Father Sir William Roos, 6th Earl Roos, Lord Treasurer of England1,2,6,4,7 b. c 1370, d. 1 Sep 1414
- Mother Margaret Arundel1,2,6,4,7 d. 3 Jul 1438
- Sir Robert Roos, Keeper of Rockingham Castle, Chamberlain & Customer of Berwick-on-Tweed married Anne Halsham, daughter of Sir John Halsham and Maud Mauley, after 25 January 1433; They had 2 sons (Sir Henry & John) & 1 daughter (Eleanor, wife of Robert Lovell, of Thomas Proute (Proude), Esq., & of Sir Richard Haute).1,2,3,4,5 Sir Robert Roos, Keeper of Rockingham Castle, Chamberlain & Customer of Berwick-on-Tweed left a will on 28 December 1448; Requested burial in St. Mary's church, Pipewell, Northamptonshire.2,4 He died on 30 December 1448.1,2,4 His estate was probated on 28 January 1449.2,4
- Family Anne Halsham d. a 1486
- [S11569] Europaische Stammtafeln, by Wilhelm Karl, Prinz zu Isenburg, Vol. III, Tafel 688.
- [S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 323-324.
- [S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 457.
- [S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. IV, p. 83-84.
- [S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. IV, p. 497.
- [S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 455.
- [S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. IV, p. 496.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p3712.htm#i111478
- Sir Robert Ros1
- M, #137461, d. 30 December 1448
- Last Edited=2 Jun 2008
- Sir Robert Ros married Anne Halsham, daughter of John Halsham and Maud Mawley, in 1433.1 He died on 30 December 1448.1
- He held the office of Keeper of Rockingham Castle.1 He lived at More End, Northamptonshire, England.1
- [S6] G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume II, page 201. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
- From: http://thepeerage.com/p13747.htm#i137461
- Robert De ROS (Sir)
- Born: 1412
- Died: 1481
- Father: William De ROS (7º B. Ros of Hamlake)
- Mother: Margaret FITZALAN (B. Ros of Hamlake)
- Married: ¿?
- 1. Elizabeth De ROS
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/ROS.htm#Robert De ROS (Sir)2
- William de Ros, 6th Baron de Ros of Helmsley, KG (c.1370 – 1 September 1414) was Lord Treasurer of England.
- He was a son of Thomas de Ros, 4th Baron de Ros and Beatrice Stafford, daughter of Ralph Stafford, 1st Earl of Stafford. He was also a younger brother of John de Ros, 5th Baron de Ros.
- .... etc.
- William de Ros married, by licence dated 9 October 1394, Margaret Fitzalan (d. 3 July 1438), the daughter of John FitzAlan, 1st Baron Arundel, by Eleanor Maltravers (c.1345 – 12 January 1405), younger daughter and coheir of Sir John Maltravers (d. 22 January 1349) and his wife Gwenthlian, by whom he had five sons and four daughters:
- John de Ros, 7th Baron de Ros.
- William de Ros.
- Thomas de Ros, 8th Baron de Ros.
- Sir Robert de Ros, who married Anne Halsham.
- Sir Richard de Ros.
- Alice de Ros.
- Margaret De Ros, who married James Tuchet, 5th Baron Audley about 1415.
- Beatrice de Ros (a nun).
- Elizabeth de Ros, who married Robert de Morley, 6th Baron Morley.
- From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_de_Ros,_6th_Baron_de_Ros
- Sir William de Roos
- Birth: 1370
- Death: Sep. 1, 1414 Belvoir, Leicestershire, England
- Knight of Helmsley, Yorkshire, 6th Lord Helmsley. Privy Councillor, Lord Treasurer of England.
- Son and heir to Sir Thomas de Roos and Beatrice de Stafford. Grandson of Sir William de Roos and Margery Badlesmere, Sir Ralph de Stafford and Margaret de Audley.
- Husband of Margaret de Arundel, daughter of Sir John de Arundel of Buckland and Eleanor Maultravers. They were married at Sterborough in Lingfield, Surrey by licence dated 09 Oct 1394 and had five sons and four daughters:
- Sir John de Roos, 7th Lord Helmsley
- Sir William de Roos
- Sir Thomas de Roos, 8th Lord Helmsley, married Eleanor de Beauchamp
- Sir Robert de Roos
- Sir Richard
- Margaret, wife of James Audley
- Beatrice, a nun
- Elizabeth, wife of Lord Robert Morley
- William was summoned to Parliament 1394 to 1413, attended the King Richard's wedding to Isabella, the daughter of Charles, the King of France, in Calais in 1396. He was present at the Tower of London in 1399 when King Richard signed his abdication.
- Sir William died estate at Belvoir Castle, Leicestershire and was buried at Bevoir Priory.
- Family links:
- Thomas de Ros (1337 - 1384)
- Margaret Arundel Roos (____ - 1438)*
- John de Roos (1396 - 1421)*
- Margaret de Ros Grey (____ - 1414)*
- John de Ros (____ - 1393)*
- William de Roos (1370 - 1414)
- Burial: Belvoir Priory, Bottesford, Melton Borough, Leicestershire, England
- Find A Grave Memorial# 101361349
- From: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=roos&GSfn=william&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GScntry=5&GSob=n&GRid=101361349&df=all&
- Sir John Bohun
- Birth: unknown, England
- Death: Jan. 25, 1433, England
- Knight of Midhurst, Sussex. First surviving son of Sir John Bohun and his second wife, Cecily Filoll, daughter of Sir John.
- John married an Anne and had a son Sir Humphrey and one daughter, Beatrice.
- Secondly, he married Anne Halsham, the daughter and heiress of John Halsham of West Grinstead and Applesham, Sussex.
- Sir John died 25 Jan 1433 and was buried next to his first wife at Easebourne Priory. His widow married Sir Robert Ros of More End, Northamptonshire, Keeper of Rockingham Castle.
- Burial: Easebourne Priory, Easebourne, Chichester District, West Sussex, England
- Find A Grave Memorial# 107887818
- From: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=bohun&GSfn=john&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GScntry=5&GSob=n&GRid=107887818&df=all&