|Birthplace:||Earls Colne, Essex, England|
|Death:||Died in Cambridge, Middlesex , Massachusetts|
|Cause of death:||Smallpox|
|Occupation:||Lieutenant Colonel of a regiment commanded by Colonel John Haines|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Lieut. Col. Roger Harlakenden
About Lieut. Col. Roger Harlakenden
Roger Harlakenden in Anderson's Great Migration Project:
- MIGRATION: 1635 on the Defence (on 4 July 1635, "Roger Harlakenden," aged 23, "Eliza[beth] his wife," aged 18, and "Mable his sister," along with eight servants, were enrolled at London as passengers for New England on the Defence [Hotten 100].
- CHURCH MEMBERSHIP: Admission to Cambridge church prior to 3 March 1635/6 implied by freemanship.
- FREEMAN: 3 March 1635/6 (as "Roger Harlakendine Esq.," first in a sequence of eleven Cambridge men) [MBCR 1:371].
- BIRTH: Baptized Earl's Colne, Essex, 1 October 1611, son of Richard Harlakenden and his wife Margaret Hubert [Topographer and Genealogist 1:235].
- DEATH: Cambridge [blank] October 1638 [NEHGR 4:181] (after the 26th of the month, when he was chosen selectman [CaTR 34]).
Married 1) Emelen 2) Elizabeth Bossville. Roger's two daughters Elizabeth and Margaret were living in 1645, but there is no further record of them. His widow married Herbert Pelham 2nd.
- Greenwood, Isaac J. Harlakenden Family. New England Historical and Genealogical Register. (New England Historic Genealogical Society, Oct 1861), 15:328. (date but not location of baptism given)