|Death:||Died in United States|
Son of Deacon Thomas Stevens and Martha Stevens
|Managed by:||John "Janis" Valdis Celms|
Matching family tree profiles for Roger Stevens
About Roger Stevens
ROGER STEVENS (c1673-1730) Roger married Sarah Nichols on November 24, 1698, in Salisbury; she may have been a resident of that town. Roger and Sarah began their married life in Amesbury, but later settled some miles to the southwest, in Marlboro. Roger was a clothier by trade, and was a captain in the local militia. Later in life, at about age 56, he moved his family to North Brook¬field, buying the John Perry house in November of 1729. Roger did not have long to enjoy his new home; he died a year later, in December of 1730. There were eight children in the family; it was through Jacob that our descent runs.
Compiled by Joyce’s cousin, Wayne Nado in 1987
- STEVENS, Roger
- b. ABT 1675 Amesbury, Essex, Mass.
- Father: STEVENS, Thomas
- Mother: BARTLETT, Martha
- Marriage: 24 NOV 1698
- Spouse: NICHOLS, Sarah
- Father: NICHOLS, Thomas
- Mother: Mary,
- STEVENS, Abigail b. 17 JUL 1705 Amesbury, Essex, Mass.
- STEVENS, Roger b. 2 MAY 1708 Amesbury, Essex, Mass.
- STEVENS, Sarah b. 31 JAN 1709/10 Amesbury, Essex, Mass.
- STEVENS, Jacob
- From: http://www.genealogyofnewengland.com/f_4b0.htm#83
- The old families of Salisbury and Amesbury, Massachusetts ; with some related families of Newbury, Haverhill, Ipswich and Hampton by Hoyt, David Webster
- 15 THOMAS NICHOLS of Amesbury, prob. there as early as 1665 ; meetinghouse seat and made "townsman" in 1667 ; owned land there in 1670 ; oath al. 1677 ; "training band" 1680 ; prob. liv. 1708, but dead in 1720. He m. MARY
.* Children :
- 16 I EBENEZER, b. Aug. 3, 1664[S]; m. June, 1685 or '6, BENONI TUCKER (Morris). +
- 17 II THOMAS, b. Oct. 16, 1670[A Nk S]; m. 1st, JANE3 JAMESTON; 2d, Judith Hoage. +
- 18 III SAMUEL, b. May 14, 1672[A Nk S].
- 19 IV RACHEL, b. Feb. 25, 1674-5[A Nk S].
- 20 V JOHN, b.
; m. Jan. 1, 1701-2[S], Abigail Sargent of Gloucester; res. A.; "snow-shoe man" 1708. Chil.: Mary, b. Oct. 19, 1702[A], [m. May 24, 1721, (36) James4 Dow?] ; John, b. July 12, 1704[A] ; William, b. Jan. 21, 1706[A] ; Jacob, b. Jan. 16, 1708[A] ; Joseph, b. Sep. 2, 1709[A]; Daniel, b. Sep. 30, 1712[A]; Moses, b. Feb. 25, 1715[A]; Anna, b. Jan. 30, 1717-8[A] ; Aaron, b. Oct. 2, 1719[A] ; Humphrey, b. April 18, 1723[A] ; Thomas, b. Jan. 18, 1724-5[A] ; Abigail, b. Mar. 18, 1727[A].
- * THOMAS NICHOLS of Malden, m. Sep., 1655[Sv], Mary Moulton, may be the above. Chil.: Thomas and Josiah, b. Jan. 23, 1662; Josiah d. June 30, 1663 [W Ch].
- 21 [VI SARAH, b.
; m. Nov. 24, 1698[AandS], ROGER STEVENS (Thomas) of A.?] Perhaps other chil.
- 17 THOMAS NICHOLS (Thomas), of Amesbury, b. 1670 ; m. 1st, (9) JANE3 JAMESON; 2d, pub. April 30, 1721, to Judith Hoage of Nb. A Friend ; will Nov. 16, Dec. 7, 1724. Children :
- 22 .... etc.