About Roger Tempest, "5th son", founder of Broughton line (12)
- Roger Tempest1
- M, #440396, d. 1467
- Last Edited=16 Dec 2010
- Roger Tempest was the son of Sir Richard Tempest and Gemelyn Grassus.2 He married Catherine Gilliot, daughter of Piers Gilliot, in 1407.1 He died in 1467.1
- He lived at Broughton-in-Craven, Yorkshire, England.1 He had three younger sons and two daughters.1
- Child of Roger Tempest and Catherine Gilliot
- William Tempest+2 d. b Jul 1480
- [S37] BP2003 volume 2, page 2386. See link for full details for this source. Hereinafter cited as. [S37]
- [S37] BP2003. [S37]
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p44040.htm#i440396
- Roger Tempest
- Birth: unknown
- Death: 1467
- Family links:
- Katharine Gilliot Tempest (____ - 1469)*
- William Tempest*
- Burial: All Saints Churchyard, Broughton, Craven District, North Yorkshire, England
- Plot: Choir
- Find A Grave Memorial# 116509638
- From: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=116509638
- Dugdale's Visitation of Yorkshire, with additions Part II. by Dugdale, William, Sir
- Tempest of Broughton.
- .... etc.
- II. ROGER TEMPEST, of Broughton, &c., fourth or fifth son, had a grant from his father of half the manor of Broughton, d. before 13 Oct. 1467, bur. in the choir of Broughton Church, adm. 12 Jan. 1467/8, mar. Katherine, dau. and h. of Pyers Gyllyot, of Broughton. Will 5 Apr., pr. 12 Apr. 1469 (Test. Eb., iii, 169), to be buried in the choir of Broughton. They had issue —
- William (III).
- Richard, adm. of his father, exor. of his mother.
- Henry } in their mother's will.
- Thomas } in their mother's will.
- Margaret, (?) mar. 13 Nov. 1483 Robt. Leventhorpe of Wragby, at Bingley.
- Alice or Eliz. (?) mar. John Dyneley.
- III. WILLIAM TEMPEST, of Broughton, d. before 5 July 1496, mar. Joan, dau. of James Metcalfe, of Nappa, mar. sett. 7 July 1437. They had issue —
- John (IV).
- Thomas, a quo Tempest of East Marton.
- He mar. secondly Elizabeth, dau. of Richd. Catteral, of Little Mitton, remar. Nich. Towneley.
- IV. JOHN TEMPEST, of Broughton, d. v.p., mar. . . . They had issue .... etc.
Roger Tempest, "5th son", founder of Broughton line (12)的年谱
Of, Broughton, Yorkshire, England
Parish Church, Broughton, Yorkshire, England